☕️93☕️

"Heather! I'm back!"

Me and Jess shot up like bullets. "Damn girl, who's the guy?" Andrea laughed.

"Don't come in here!" I ordered.

"Wow, I mean your clothes are all over the floor! Yours and his."

Jess started laughing quietly to himself, while I threw something on. I opened the door and I poked my head out.

"Who is the mystery guy? It's not Cole is it?" she asked me.

"What? No!"

"Oh my God, you succumbed to Finn's flirting!" she gasped. "Any girl with a brain would not succumb to his flirting," I retorted.

I looked back at Jess, who wasn't decent and was hiding himself in my bed. "She has my clothes!"

"Can you give me his clothes?" I asked Andrea. She reluctantly handed them to me and I tossed them back. Once Jess was decent, I opened the door wider.

"Jess?"

"Hey Andrea."

Andrea broke into a big smile. "OH MY GOD YOU GUYS!"

She hugged me and Jess tightly. "You're back together! This is so great! And you guys reek of sex by the way."

"Okay," I shushed her.

***

Me and Jess went back to Stars Hollow together for the weekend. "You know, we're gonna be the biggest gossip of the town the second we get out of the car," Jess pointed out. "It's worth it," I told him.

"Definitely," he leaned over and pecked me on the lips before we both got out of the car. "So your mom and Luke, does that make us step cousins or something?" Jess joked.

"Dude!" I smacked his shoulder playfully as we walked to my house. "It looks bigger," I pointed out. "Construction must be done."

I unlocked the door but the door was stopped by a chain. "Mom!"

"Hezzy! Hang on!"

She closed the door and reopened it. "Jess! Hi!" she gave him a small hug. "Hang on..if you two are here..does that mean.."

"Yeah, we're back together," Jess told her. Mom had a big smile on her face. 2005 is the best year ever.

"Come in, come in," Mom ushered us in. "Wow, the place looks so different," I pointed out, hanging up my coat.

"You guys want to stay for dinner?" Mom asked us. I looked at Jess. "Yeah, that's great, thank you."

Mom let us in and we sat down in the living room. Paul Anka hopped on the couch beside me and lay down on my lap.

The phone started ringing in the house. It went to voicemail and I heard Dad's voice. "Shit," I muttered.

"Is that your dad?" Jess asked me. "Yeah," I mumbled. Mom was frozen, listening to the voicemail but once she saw Luke, she shut it off. "Oh crap," I mumbled.

There was new furniture in the kitchen but me and Jess just ate on the couch as there was no room for us. Both of us were drinking beers with our dinner.

"You can literally feel the awkwardness," Jess mumbled. "How about once we're done, we abort," I suggested.

"Good call," he mumbled.

The voices grew louder. Me and Jess were finished as Luke and Mom started yelling about Dad and a bedroom set.

I scribbled down a note and me and Jess dashed out the door.

***

We went back to the house once we were sure the drama died down. I was looking at my fading bruise in the mirror.

"I still can't believe someone did that," Jess sighed. "It's in the newspaper," I told him, showing him the article. "My grandparents wanted to keep my name out of it."

"But you didn't press charges?"

"They paid me money to keep my mouth shut," I told him. "How much?"

"Eighty grand," I told him. "And the buyers of my script..Sundance paid about one sixty for it and tuition for Columbia each year is fifty so...I have enough to pay for Columbia."

"Damn," Jess mumbled. My phone suddenly went off and I groaned. "Go away whoever it is!"

Jess picked up the phone. "It's your mom."

He handed to me. "Hello?"

"Your grandmother is insane!"

"Okay, slow down," I said. "She thinking of buying a plane because Rory moved out!"

"A plane? As in an actual 'fly me to Reno' plane?" I asked her, confused at what I was hearing.

"Yes, Rory broke her heart," Mom sighed. "Will she be okay?" I wondered. "Hang on you're downstairs?!"

I got up and I walked down. "Mom?"

"How long have you been up there?" Mom asked me. "I live here!" I exclaimed.

"Hi Jess!" Mom yelled upstairs. "No funny business," she instructed me.

Mom got another call and answered it. I couldn't hear who was on the other line but I saw Mom smiling and nearly crying. "She's back at Yale..she has a writing job."

We looked to see Rory pull up outside and me and Mom ran out together.

"I'm sorry, I was so so stupid!" Rory hugged us both. "I'm getting food!" Mom yelled happily and ran off. "I CAN SET THE DATE!"

Rory looked at me. "I gave Logan hell for what he said to you and Jess, did you find him?"

I bit my lip. "You didn't?" Rory looked so sad but I broke into a big smile. "Rory...me and Jess are back together..and after senior year I'm moving in with him."

Rory screamed with excitement and pounced on me. "Ow! Still in pain!"