Chapter Two

We finally arrived at school. Andrew stayed a decent amount of distance away from me for some reason as we filed out of the bus. He then mumbled something about getting to class early and left me standing alone in the middle of tons of random people I'd never seen before. I didn't really have any friends besides Drew, so I felt extremely alone. Maybe I should try to make more friends.

I walked around to see where everything was. That was until I heard shouting from behind me. I turned to see that Seth had found a new victim. That guy who talked to me on the bus. The one with a guitar. Seth pinned him to the locker, him holding on to his guitar and backpack for dear life. "So, you're the new geek we got huh?" Seth smiled. I was debating doing something. The guy responded with nothing. "Nice guitar you got there. Can I see it?" Seth forcefully took his guitar and opened up the case. It showed a really nice black acoustic Martin. Seth flimsily picked it up and made horrid sounds with it as the guy cringed. Seth then picked it up out of his right hand by holding it by one tuning peg with his left hand. The guy tried to take the guitar back, but Seth wouldn't let him as he kept threatening to break it. I had to do something.

I charged at Seth and somehow got hold of the guitar, and I just kept sprinting. I didn't know where I was going, but I eventually ended up in a football field. Holding the guitar with all my might, I hid under the bleachers. I didn't know what had come over me. I knew Seth had no soft spot. I knew he'd break the guitar. And I couldn't stand by and watch the guy's passion get shattered by a jerk. I heard a bell and peered out of the bleachers to see the guy looking around for me on the field. I came out from under the bleachers and held my guitar out to him. He smiled grandly, running to me. 

"Hellooo," he said laughing to himself. "Thank you so much, y/n." He has a cute little smile on his face. I didn't notice how attractive he was until he came this close. He slowly took the guitar and put it back in the case. "Hellooo, your welcome, uh..." "Joel," he kept smiling. "We're gonna miss class if we don't hurry," he said, taking my hand and running towards the school. I started laughing, as he had surprised me and I was trying to keep up with him. "What's your first class?" he asked as he opened the door quickly and hauled us through. "English with Mr. Harp," I responded. "Same, luckily," he rushed us towards the class. I was wondering how he knew how to get there. After thirty more seconds we reached the door, and he yanked it open, pulling me in. He let go of my hand as Mr. Harp, I assumed, stared at us. "You're close to late," Mr. Harp said as the bell rang. We had just made it. 

Andrew was also in this class because he raised in eyebrow at me. I shrugged back. The only empty seats were two in the back, so Joel and I sat at those. Mr. Harp didn't ask any questions as he introduced himself and the class. But all I could think about was Joel's light blue eyes staring at me from the side.