They had arrived and what a dress Anna wore! it was floor length much like everyone else’s but it clung to her figure and had an intricate pattern all over the hem that led up to the mid of her back, to match the dress she wore elbow length gloves and I could only assume green heels. Her hair was curled and fell past her shoulders; she had red eye-shadow and black lips. Also I noted that she wore diamonds on her ears and around her neck. She truly looked stunning tonight. Armand dressed in a suit that bore the family crest upon its shoulder instead of the yellow patch that the boys wore, it seemed to look too big for him but that might have just been me… maybe that was the style for him but he also wore a red tie and his hair brushed back. Together they made a grand entrance that was met by curtsies by those who were not as high as them in court.

  Once they were stood next to all of us, they made a speech to their guests on how thankful they could make it tonight, it will be a pleasure to dance with them, hope they enjoy the night etc. but as soon as it was finished. The music started and they all began to dance. I was told the night before that if I were in the presence of royalty then I would not be permitted to dance until all royals were on the floor and dancing… it was just how it was done. The music was that I had practised to for weeks on end, it was all orchestral and I loved it completely. Dante bowed down in front of me and whisked me onto the floor, both of us laughing and giggling at how silly all these formalities were.  As I stared into his eyes, I felt lightheaded, my heart pounded and my cheeks burned. Mentally cursing myself I glanced away from him to all the guests around us. Once more I caught them looking at me but I shook my head and ignored it.

“You look flustered” he muttered, bringing me back to attention.

“Do I?”

“Yes, it must be the heat or something… do you want to go get some air?” I nodded to him and he led me away from the floor and out into the grounds. We walked in silence for a while, he looped his arm around my waist and pulled me to his chest, and I leaned close to look up at him. He was smirking again which made me giggle inside.

“I-It’s awfully crowded in there”

“You get used to it after ten years or so” he beamed “The fresh air seems to be doing no good, your still rosy red… are you feeling ok?” he asked as he placed the back of his palm to my face

“Y-Yes… let’s go back inside” I muttered as I pulled away. He looped his arm around mine and we waltzed back in.

  Once back inside it was time for the Two-step. It had to be the funniest dance to ever learn or do; whoever came up with it was a genius. Dante once more bowed before starting to dance with me again. Each of giggling and smiling as we accidently bumped into another pair, who scowled and cursed at our ‘lack of maturity’. It was all fun and games until the female eyed me over, sniffed and called me scum. Taken back by her words I curtseyed low to Dante, excused myself and fled. Ignoring the gasps and words of disgust I continued to barge my way through those in my way, out in the hall and up to my room.

  I slumped myself down on my bed and began to cry, I had not done my mother proud tonight by running off from the room. I was so close to telling him earlier how I felt, so close from spilling everything. I didn’t know why that Vampire’s words hurt me so much, I knew it was because I was a Dhampir and not fully of their world. I could not stop the tears from flowing not matter how hard I tried, my makeup was ruined and seeping into the bed sheets, and not wanting to ruin them anymore I sat up and walked over to the vanity cabinet. I was the spitting image of Marilyn Manson with the way my liner had smudged, it actually managed to paste a smile on my face again.

“Vicki?” I didn’t answer him but continue to clean my makeup up “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong”