☕️87☕️

Me and Rory do a check up once a day because I don't want to distance myself from her. I don't support or agree with what she's doing but I don't want to lose her.

Mom..obviously doesn't know and never will.

"Deceitful," Tessa gasped as she drank her coffee. "I don't want to push her away even though what she's doing is totally wrong and stupid," I mumbled.

"At least you're not pretending she doesn't exist," Tessa pointed out.

***

"I mean, this is the first time in my life that I have consistently, spent the night with a man," Paris told me as we were both having lunch at the Dragonfly.

"I don't know the rules, obviously the clothes have to come off for the actual sex part of the evening but what are you supposed to do afterwards?" Paris asked me.

"Long t-shirt and underwear," I told her. "That's your after-sex clothes?" Paris frowned.

"You're talking to a girl who hasn't had sex since the first semester of freshman year," I reminded Paris.

"Well, I'm twenty one..I should be naked," she muttered. "Again, I'm not sure," I mumbled.

"Well I'm off, I'll see you later," Paris left the inn.

"Is she gone," Mom poked her head around. "Yes, you're safe," I mumbled.

"Coast is clear!" Mom yelled.

I started laughing and I downed the rest of my coffee. "Yikes, that burns."

"She's coming back!" Michel panicked and ducked into the kitchen.

I looked at Mom. "He's scared of Paris?"

"You're the bravest person in this building, I love you," Mom ducked back into the kitchen.

Paris came back in. "Why aren't you in Columbia?"

"My classes start next week," I told her. "Where's your apartment?"

***

I decided to bring all my stuff to my apartment the next day. Just to get it over with.

There were no messages on the apartment phone and my classes were gonna start up again soon. My mythology, history, film theory, film practical, literature and media studies classes.

I heard a hammer on my door. I was confused..did I leave the main door open by accident?

"Heather! You here?"

Paris.

I opened the door. "How'd you know I was here?"

"Your mother told me, I followed you here," Paris told me as if that was a normal everyday thing.

"You want anything?" I asked her. "There's..water, I need to go grocery shopping."

I pulled up outside WholeFoods and I grabbed a shopping cart and started going around with Paris behind me.

"I started interviewing roommates because your sister will not come back to Yale," Paris grunted. "She actually would rather be with Grammy and Gramps Gilmore!"

"I'm sure you'll find someone Paris," I told her, putting things from my list into the cart. I wasn't twenty one yet..so no beer.

"My classes start next week and I am stressed out," Paris sighed. "I wouldn't be like this if it wasn't for Rory! I called her yesterday to see if she'd change her mind but nope, she blew me off in her stupid office!"

"What office?" I mumbled. "With your grammy," Paris told me. "Oh no," I grimaced. "Mom is not going to be happy."

"Hey can you..get me the frozen stuff?" I asked Paris. She ran off with my cart while I called Mom.

"Hey kid, what's up?"

"I have a confession to make," I mumbled. "I still talk to Rory, just to see how she is."

"Sweetheart, she's your sister, I'm not mad if you want to talk to her," Mom reassured me.

"And I think she might be in the DAR," I muttered.

"Crap!"

"Sorry," I mumbled. "It's okay, it's not your fault," Mom told me. "I can tell you're in WholeFoods."

"With Paris."

"BYE!"

She hung up the phone and I rolled my eyes playfully.

***

I hauled the bags of food into my apartment and I found a message on my machine. "Hey Hezzy, it's Ror...Logan came back today and Finn was asking after you, but Logan told him not to call you so I said I'd pass on the message, he just said hey, if you leave out all the flirting, I hope you're okay."

That was the only message I had. I was filling all the cupboards and cleaning the kitchen.

"God Andrea did you let dogs with diarrhoea in the bathroom," I coughed.

I finished the industrial clean and turned it back into mine and Andrea's home.

I flopped down onto my bed and I inhaled the fresh air, thanks to Febreze, and I lay down on my bed in content.