━━━ 09. tell me anything but

Start from the beginning

He looked at the tablet again, before looking at me, "Guzman told me how you believe Ander knows too."

I bit my lip, "Yeah, but I doubt it."

He furrowed his brows, "What caused you change your mind?"

"Because it was just a thought in my momentary panic," I explained, "I know he's been off, but I don't think he would."

"But he could have been involved with them that night." He also mentioned, but I quickly shook my head.

"No, he couldn't have," I defended, "I was speaking to him when you came in to tell us about-" Before I could finish, my phone rang and when I looked at it, it was Ander's contact. I smiled and waved it at Samuel, "Speak of the devil." He only chuckled and got up as I answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Adriana, it's Omar." I heard on the other side of the phone and furrowed my brows, "I couldn't call you from my phone because it died, but I need you to come to Ander's."

"Why, Omar? What's wrong?" I asked him, looking up to see Samuel's confused face matching mine as I sat up.

"I don't know, he was drinking a lot at the party and I tried to stop him, but he wouldn't listen to me," Omar ranted, almost in a panic, "I tried to talk to him, but he wouldn't listen to me, he hasn't listened to me whenever I tell him to stop drinking-"

"Omar, calm down," I stated, interrupting him before I heard him sigh into the phone, "Just tell me what happened."

"Ander collapsed, Adriana," He told me and I jumped from the seat I was in, "I wanted to take him to the hospital, but he refused so I brought him home, but I need you to come, now."

"Okay," I responded, "I'm on my way." Quickly I hung up, grabbing my shoes before shoving them on as I looked at Samuel, "Ander has passed out at the club, I got to go check on him."

"Yeah, go." He nodded, but I give him a hesitant look, "I'll be fine. Just go make sure he is."

I nodded briefly, hurrying out the house before to my car. I quickly drove off, heading to Ander's house without a sense of direction. I wasn't a big fan of Ander when it came to him collapsing, I had dealt with it too many times.

It took me a bit longer to get to his house than usual, but when I got there, I quickly went into the house, looking around, "Omar? Ander?"

"Yeah, I'm here," Omar responded, coming from the kitchen, "He's in his bed, he just woke up again, so I was going bring him some water."

He held out the water to me and I smiled, "Thank you, Omar." He simply nodded before I hurried upstairs to the attic, only to see Ander sitting on the bed, his arm hovered over his eyes. I smiled, knocking at the door for him to look at me, "Is it okay if I come in?"

He smiled a bit, nodding as I walked further in and sat on his side of the bed. I handed him the water, watching him sip it slowly, "I told Omar not to call you, I'm okay."

"You passed out at the club, Ander," I informed him, "Whether I know or not, I still would've been concerned about you."

"I just haven't been feeling well."

He told me before he drank more from the glass, so I reached and placed the back of my hand against his forehead, "You're not hot, so maybe it's just from drinking so much. Be lucky you didn't get alcohol poisoning."

"That sounds better than how I feel now," He groaned, placing the glass down on his bedside table.

I eye his face and smile sympathetically, "You look exhausted."