━━━ 09. tell me anything but

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, it's the only way to get my mind off of all this," He sighed, "Plus it's almost Christmas and everyone wants to still celebrate."

"Well, I'm not in the celebrating mood, so have fun." I huffed out, rubbing my forehead as he looked at me.

"You're not gonna come?" He asked and I shook my head, "How do you expect me to have fun, then?" I looked at him as he gave a small smirk, but not his usual smirk as if he forced himself to say that. I smiled before he glanced down at his paper, "So what are you going to do? Stay home?"

"Yeah, get some sleep in," I nodded, allowing my lie to slip past my lips, "I can't remember a time when I slept more than five hours."

He chuckled lightly, glancing over at the door and when I followed his gaze, Nic came in. He hasn't been to school in days and I was going to text him to see if he was okay, but Lu told me not to because he just wanted attention. He met my eyes when he walked in the class before at Ander's before he walked to the back to talk to Valerio.

"He couldn't have gone missing instead?" Ander grumbled and I turn to him, giving him a look, before he sighed, "Sorry, I just been stressing."

"Aren't we all, Ander?" Lu asked and we turned back to look at her before the dismissal bell rang. I got up and kissed Ander before heading out of the school to go to my car. I didn't hesitate on driving off, going in the opposite direction of my house and instead going to my grandparent's home.

It took awhile for me to get there, though when I did, I instantly seen Guzman's car as I parked next to it. I looked at the house when I heard the front door open to see Guzman and Samuel standing there as I got close. "What the fuck, Adriana? You could have texted me and said you were coming."

"Sorry, I forgot, been kind of busy trying not to have the police on our asses." I scoffed, pushing past then both to get in the house, "If they can track Samuel's phone to being here the night he disappeared, then they can track ours." I sit down on the couch and look at them as they entered the living room, "I told you both that Carla was going to be a tough egg to fucking crack, and now look, we're still getting interviewed and the cops are looking deeper. The blood on your blazer just made them hounds."

"But you said that Carla told you and Lu that I was dead," Samuel argued.

I scoffed, "Yeah, but that was before she claimed that she was just 'saying it to say it' today."

"She's going to break, Adriana," Guzman sighed, putting his jacket on, "All it takes is patience."

"You're leaving?" Samuel asked and Guzman hummed.

"Yeah, I'm actually going to the party to have fun, unlike Adriana here, who's fine spending her time here." He grinned as I flipped him off, "I'll text you if anything."

He then left the house and I smiled at Samuel, "Wanna play hide and seek?" He gave me a look, "What?"

"Isn't what we're doing now already that?" Samuel asked as I laid out on the plastic covered couch now, before he sat next to me. We sat there quietly as I went through my phone and he went through my tablet, watching YouTube videos for a few hours.

When he sighed, I could tell he was already bored, "Want to watch a movie?"

I asked, but he shook his head, "No, I'm good," I only nod before he continued, "But be honest, do you think this was a good idea?"

"No," I admitted, putting my hands behind my head after turning off my phone, "But this is the only way we get them to confess or for Carla to tell on Polo."