Sero hesitated but nodded. 'Yes, I do.'

'Very well.' Y/N activated her charmspeak once more. 'Stick out your wrists.' She coaxed, words washing over Midnight, whose eyes glassed over and obediently presented her wrists. 'Sero, now!' Y/N snatched the handcuffs from the boys, locking them onto her opponent's wrists.

'Team Mineta, Sero and L/N have passed the exam.'

'We passed!' Y/N cheered, jumping out of her sphere of water into the cloud of substance, accidentally catching a whiff of the scent and dropping to the ground, snoring slightly. 'Are you serious?' Sero complained, picking up the girl. 'You were the one warning us about Midnight and you succumb to it?' 'You'd better be a gentleman and carry her then.' Midnight suggested, winking at the flustered boy. 'Now, where is that jerk Mineta?'

...

Y/N woke up to white walls. Groggily, she sat up, glancing around at her surroundings. 'What happened?' She asked no one in particular, trying to focus her eyes. 'You fell asleep after our practical.' An amused voice behind her rang out.

The brunette turned to see two figures by her bedside. One, her teammate Sero, and her loving boyfriend Shoto. 'I did?' She quizzed, rubbing her eyes and yawning tiredly. 'You jumped out of the water and just passed out onto the floor. You weren't thinking, were you?'

'Um... I may have been a tad bit too excited.' Y/N mumbled, swinging her legs out of the bed. 'Have Bakugo and Izuku completed their fight?' 'They finished five minutes ago.' Shoto replied, helping Y/N stand up on wobbly legs. 'I feel like I slept for an eternity.' She groaned, stretching out her tired arms. 'Hopefully they're alright.' Y/N muttered as she hobbled out of the room leaning on Shoto.

...

'Once the bell rings, you should be in your seats. Morning. Unfortunately, there are a few of you who did not pass your final exams. So when it comes to the training camp in the woods, everyone is going. The good news is no one bombed the written exam. Five failed the practicals, badly. Two teams of course.'

At this, Y/N ducked into her seat, hands in front of her in prayer position. 'Please tell me they didn't dock off points because I fell asleep at the end...' She chanted, screwing her eyes shut. 

'Minoru Mineta failed as well.'

The brunette practically melted into a puddle with relief. 'Allow me to explain. For the practical finals, the teachers made sure to leave a way for the students to win. Otherwise, you never would've stood a chance.  We were interested in observing how you each worked together and approached the task at hand.'

'But didn't you promise the teachers wouldn't be holding back?' Ojiro questioned.

'That was just to get you on edge. Besides, the training camp will focus on building your strength. Those who failed need those lessons the most, we were never going to separate you. That was just a logical deception we used.' Y/N sighed. 'There he goes again with his logical deceptions.'

'Mr Aizawa, this is the second time you've lied to us! Aren't you afraid we'll lose faith in you?' Iida shot up from his seat. 'That's a good point, I'll think about it. But I wasn't lying to you about everything. Failure is failure. We've prepared extra lessons for the five of you. Frankly, they'll be much tougher than what you'll face at summer school.'

...

'Y/N L/N! Come shopping with us!' Mina slammed her palm onto the table, scaring the poor girl half to death. 'For what?' She cocked her head. 'I've got everything I need.' 'Please?' Ochaco begged, hanging onto Y/N's arm. 'Will you come, Todoroki?' Izuku questioned, walking up to the dual haired boy. 'I visit my mum on days off.' Shoto replied, glancing at his overwhelmed girlfriend. 'We're visiting Rei again?' Y/N perked up at this, whipping around to face Shoto.

'But Y/N!' Ochaco whined, still clinging onto the girl. 'We haven't hung out in ages!'

Shoto's expression softened. 'You should go with them. I'll visit her by myself.' 'Are you sure?' Y/N quizzed, silver eyes wide. 'Yeah, you don't have to come along every time. It's not your duty, as much as I appreciate it. Go have fun with your friends. I'll see you at ten tonight, no later, alright?' Y/N hesitated, conflict on her face. 'Al... alright then. But you better make sure you stay safe, okay? Also, no embarrassing stories.' She poked her boyfriend accusingly in the chest.

'We'll meet at the mall in two hours, okay?' Kirishima suggested, drawing nods of agreement from his peers. 'I'm going home with you to help you choose your outfit.' Shoto remarked, sliding a hand into's Y/N's. 'You're not showing skin.'

'Why don't I just show up wrapped in a blanket?' The brunette replied sarcastically as she headed back to the Todoroki household with Shoto. 'That would be my preference, except you'll look stupid.'

'Excuse yourself.' Y/N sniffed haughtily, turning her nose in the air. 'I look great in everything.'