Chapter 1 - The Beginning

“You know you don’t have to, right?”

“I said I’m going so I’m going! You can’t stop me!”

Saint sighs for the umpteenth time that day, “Fine, fine. But let me warn you, I DON’T want to see ANY waterworks coming from you!”

“No promises, you brat”, snorted Earth.

“What a jerk”, uttered Saint with a fond smile grazing his lips, knowing full well that he would have to drag a crying Earth back home.

Saint and Earth have known each other for so long, they are practically brothers at this point. Biologically? No. Both are orphans since young and have spent their whole life in the same orphanage. They met one day when the orphanage decided to hold a sports event as a fundraiser. It was during the try-outs where the caretakers were trying to find who could play what sports that Saint and Earth met.

~Flashback 15 years ago~

“Hey you! Why are you looking so gloomy? I can practically see the dark aura coming out of you!”, yelled an 8-year-old Earth.

A 7-year-old Saint, who was on the verge of tears, looked up to see a boy with tubes coming out from his nose.

“Oh…hello. I am sorry for looking like this. It is just that it is not fair that Miss Linda chose Max from 3F to play basketball instead of me. She said she does not want to aggravate my sickness… I feel so left out... I mean I know I’m sick, but I can still play! The other kids don’t want to play with me because they’re scared of me spreading the virus and then, they can’t play either. They call me abnormal and stuff. I hate this!”

Earth, who at this point, took pity on sniffling Saint and decided to sit by his side.

“Hey there, kid, don’t cry. Look at me! The caretakers did not choose me either. If it makes you feel better, we can always find other games to play. Just us! Who cares what the others say, huh? Ignore them, it’s fine. We’re fine. We are our own brand of normal!”

After hearing what Earth said, Saint felt slightly better.

“Yeah…you’re right,” smiled Saint, “Thank you for making me feel better. I’m Saint by the way.”

“I’m Earth,” smiled Earth cheekily.

From that day on, was a start of a beautiful friendship.