Blaise Debeste's Trial Day 3 Part 2

Start from the beginning

"OBJECTION! That fax has no barring to this case!" Mr. Hammond objected.

"I have to agree. I don't see how this has any barring to this case," the Fancy Judge agreed.

"It may seem that way right now, Your Honor. But, this was released at the date the Defendant put an innocent woman to her death. To say it has no barring to the case without looking it over would be imprudent, wouldn't you agree?" I asked as the Fancy Judge looked at me, then at Mr. Von Karma.

"I have no objections," Mr. Von Karma assured.

"Very well. You may proceed then," the Fancy Judge replied.

"Thank you, Your Honor," I bowed, then continued. "Witness, I'd like you to testify about why Mrs. Debeste was mentioned in the fax."

"Very well," Father replied. "Mr. Hammond was asking me about the tape that would've been the decisive evidence against Rachael Newslayday."

"The video had static and it was hard to read the lips of the woman on camera. You couldn't hear the voice of the woman either. I suppose Mr. Hammond was trying to find other possibilities at the time."

"HOLD IT! What makes you think I was searching for other possibilities?" Mr. Hammond asked.

"Mentioning Anna was a giveaway," Father replied.

"So, you believe mentioning Mrs. Debeste was a giveaway. May I ask how?"

"Because I never introduced you to her. In fact, I don't recall either one of you having met at any point in time."

"Y-You don't!?" The Fancy Judge gasped as I began hearing murmurs in the background.

"HOLD IT!" Mr. Hammond shouted. "I've known about the Debeste's for quite a while. Mrs. Debeste had intended on hiring me to file a lawsuit against her husband for Domestic Violence."

"Is that so!?" The Fancy Judge asked with widened eyes.

"This is a first for me, though I'm not surprised," Father stated.

"I would like to hear from the Defense on why he brought up Mrs. Debeste at all in the fax message," I stated.

"An... error, so to speak," Mr. Hammond replied.

"Error?"

"I had thought the woman in the video was Mrs. Debeste, so I had assumed she'd be a Witness to the case. I never mentioned this before, because it had no barring on the case."

"Huh, I suppose it makes sense. The video is hard to decipher who the woman is. You can only see her from the bottom half of her face," the Fancy Judge stated.