'Is that legal?' They had space and the means but she was unsure if it was even possible. Geralt reassured her that there could be no repercussions from doing so and she wanted a child. More than anything. So, she agreed. They had wanted a child for a long time even when Geralt insisted that his life was not cut out for one. Yet he had Cirilla.

'Thank you.' Geralt kissed her temple and held her in his arms swaying. 'I also brought someone who missed you.' Geralt picked up the cat who followed him wherever he went. The tabby loved the Witcher more than herself and it was evident.

She pets the head of the cat and cooed. 'I've missed you. Hello.' It meows back and struggled to be put down which Geralt did immediately. It stayed by his feet and curled into his large foot.

'I will leave this evening to retrieve him.' She pouted at the idea. She had only just got him back and he was to leave again. 'I promise it will only be for a few days and I shall not leave for a while after that. He will be taken there by the end of the week if I do not collect him.'

She sighed and relented. They had already somewhat opened an orphanage from their home so another child would do no harm. It also gave her a purpose for the wool from the sheep. A new blanket could be made and some space would be saved too.

*

Geralt returned with a babbling baby. It was only a few months old and cried for hours since being separated from his mother. She took the baby off of Geralt and rocked it in her arms hoping to soothe it.
She rocked it for hours and sat on a chair trying to calm the boy down. 'Does he have a name?' Geralt shook his head in response. 'We need to name him, Geralt.' He took the babe from her arms and rocked him, giving her a break.

'I like Ermion. After Mousesack.' Waiting for him to elaborate, she looked at him. 'He was a friend. As close to a friend as I had. A long time ago. He also raised Cirilla.' She nodded as she spoke and found the name fitting. After a man that raised his first child.

She kissed him and the baby. 'Hello, Ermion.' The baby babbled and slowly calmed down. She took the blanket she made for him and wrapped him in it as Geralt doted over the small child.

Nobody slept much as the child screamed and cried. She sat with him by the fire accompanied by Geralt. They took turns in rocking the baby but eventually, all three dozed off by the warmth of the fireplace.

*

| two years later |

*

She was unsure as to why she agreed to have a child. Ermion ran around the house muddy and excited. She loved the boy greatly but he babbled and gurgled as he played with the mud. It made a mess of the home and it was difficult without Geralt. It was his third week away and the cat was growing annoyed with the boy pulling her tail.

No matter how much it hissed and scratched, Ermion failed to understand the message. 'Come here, baby.' She picked up her son and kissed his cheek before his muddy hand touched her face. 'That's not very nice! Looks like you need a bath.'

As the boy cried, Cirilla helped her boil some water. 'I can bathe him if you'd like.' She thanks the princess and hands the small boy off and goes to add more wood to the fire. 'You look like you need a bit of a break.' Thanking the princess again, she went off to wash the mud from her face.

'Off to Cirilla you go!' The toddler babbles as he is handed over and continued to cry as he was taken to the bathroom. She mixed the boiling water with some cool water until the temperature was not scalding.

*

As the princess washed the baby, she prepared dinner and wished for Geralt to return home. It was as if he knew she called for him as Geralt walked into the cottage. She jumped up and kissed him, legs wrapped around his torso. 'You're back!' She kissed him again and then untangled her legs.

'I've missed you.' She missed the sound of his voice and the feeling of his touch. 'Where's Ermion? I have a surprise for him.' She pointed to the bathroom and followed him there where Cirilla struggled with the toddler.

'Papa!' The toddler's chubby arms reached out towards the Witcher and Geralt, without care, picked him up. Luckily, the boy was now clean and excited to see his father. 'Papa!' Geralt grimaced as his hair was pulled but he was happy to be home.

'Let's get you dressed. Papa has a surprise for you.' Ermion's face lit up and hurriedly let himself get dressed. Geralt was just as excited as his son but he slowed his walk so the toddler could catch up.

She followed behind them and saw a pony next to Roach. 'Geralt?' It was a bit of a warning. Ermion was too small to ride the horse. 'He's too young to ride it.'

'I know but they can grow up together.' Geralt picked Ermion up so he could stroke his horse's man. 'Buddy, what do you want to name her?' Her heart swelled at the sight of her two men enjoying themselves and bonding.

'Is she mine, Papa?' The boy looked up at his father with hopeful eyes. Geralt nodded and pet the pony before he went inside and came back out with a dish of water and a carrot for it. He went back and did the same for Roach with Ermion's help.

'She needs a name, Ermion.' The boy does not even take a second before screaming out a name for it. Both of his parents grabbed a horse each and stopped them from getting spooked by a child's scream. The sound did, however, attract Cirilla and Jaskier.

'Woach.' Ermion still struggled to pronounce Roach but it was endearing. She loved just watching him interact with Geralt. He was a good father but he still thought that he was not. 'Woach!'

'You can't name her Roach.' The boy started to cry as Geralt pointed to his own horse 'This is Roach. What about Roach two?' The boy nodded wanting to be just like his father and smiled.

'Woach two.' He clapped his chubby hands. 'Can I wide her?' They had to explain that the boy was too young and had to look after the horse before she could be ridden. 'Pwease?' The boy threw a tantrum when he was refused again not understanding how he could be injured.

*

| five years later |

*

'Mama look!' Geralt was holding Roach Two's reigns as Ermion rode his horse for the first time. Boy and horse grew together and in spite of his fears, Ermion took well to riding. He giggled and laughed as he bounced up and down. 'Mama!' He smiled widely before being chastised by Geralt for not keeping his focus.

'Well done, sweetheart.' Her heart swelled at the sight. She simply did not expect that to happen. Geralt had changed her life for the better and after all of their trials and tribulations, life had been good. Nilfgaard had fallen a few years prior so she no longer lived in fear.

She was surrounded by her family. She had food on the table and enough sparrows to ensure that Geralt would always come home to her. Never did she expect to be so happy or so loved.