no matter what

En başından başla

Dustin tore his attention away from the notes he had in hand, a wide grin instantly spreading across his face. "Hangovers are no match for me, you know this, Mike."

"Yeah, but I've never seen you drink that much. Do you even remember the stuff you were saying last night?"

"Not a single bit of it."

Mike huffed out a deep breath, wishing that he could've forgotten some of the things Dustin had said.

"You kept talking to us about our sex life."

"Wait, what? You and El have a sex life?" Dustin gasped, his outburst getting the attention of some people who had walked by. "And you didn't tell me?"

"Okay, why would I tell you about that? That's weird."

"You didn't answer the question, Mike."

"Well, we didn't really have one at the time, but now..."

"Dude, did you and El finally fu-"

"Dustin!" Mike interrupted, really not wanting a repeat of the night before. He wasn't sure if he could take any more of the boy's input on his and El's relationship.

"Sorry... Seriously though, did my intoxicated self really help you get laid?"

"It actually had nothing to do with what you said. So, no."

"Liar! You're so welcome, my friend. Glad I could help further the two of you along the road to marriage."

"Shut up." Mike snorted, rolling his eyes at another one of his ridiculous comments.

"Man, I gotta talk to El about this!"

"Uh, no. You don't. That'll just make her feel uncomfortable."

"Please, El tells me everything. We text each other constantly."

Mike rolled his eyes once more, having grown used to the liking Dustin had toward his girlfriend. He didn't mind it, truly loving that they had become friends, he just knew that sometimes Dustin liked to exaggerate.

He also knew that El wouldn't want to talk to anyone else about this sort of thing. It was far too personal.

"Oh relax, I'm not gonna say anything to her about this." Dustin said, giving Mike a reassuring pat on the back. "I happen to care about her too, you know? I would never want to make her feel uncomfortable."

"Good, thank you." Mike sighed, as he stood from the bench.

This had been more than enough conversation for him. He also really needed to start walking to class.

"I gotta get going, see you at work in the morning."

"Later, lover boy." Dustin hollered out, waving goodbye to him as he walked off.

Mike made it to class early enough to snag his usual seat near the front, though he may as well not have even gone. Just like his earlier class, he hadn't paid a bit of attention, too lost in thoughts of El and the night they had shared.