Ch. 1 Happy Fifteenth Birthday, Erik

It is a quiet morning at the Palais Garnier Opera House in Paris, France, on November 13th, 1862. Underneath the Opera House is a tall, dark-haired male that is sitting in front of a piano as his blue eyes intently stares at the blank music sheet. The young male lightly bites his lips as he thinks about what to write for the new song that he is making for the performers upstairs could sing for their upcoming play.

A banging sound of his grand doors getting knocked grabs the dark-haired male's attention. The young male stops what he is doing as he takes a white mask that's in front of him, and he gently placed it in front of his half disfigured face. 

" I am coming!" The dark-haired male firmly calls out as he stands up, and he walks away from his piano. 

The dark-haired male walks down the small stairs to a little dock as he gets on a wooden boat, and he steers himself across the underground river to the entrance of his lair. The young male gets off as he walks up the big stairs to his grand doors.

" Madame Giry," The dark-haired male opens the door as he politely greets his guardian, thirty-two-year-old, Madame Antoinette Giry. 

" Happy fifteenth Birthday, Erik," Madame Giry warmly smiled at Erik as she held a chocolate cupcake in her hands. 

Fifteen-year-old Erik sighed in frustration since he forgot that today is his birthday since he has been busy working on the upcoming play. 

" Madame Giry. You do know that I do not like to celebrate my cursed birth," Erik firmly tells Madame Giry as he lets the older female enter his lair. 

" Erik. You are not cursed. How many times do I have to tell you?" Madame Giry sternly scolds Erik. 

" Until your death bed, perhaps," Erik sarcastically tells Madame Giry. 

Madame Giry worriedly sighed as she held the chocolate cupcake to him. 

" Meg made this cupcake for you. She wanted to give it to you personally, but she got called to rehearse. I hope you like it," Madame Giry softly tells Erik. 

Erik hummed as he glanced at the chocolate cupcake in Madame Giry's hands. The dark-haired male was about to reject, but his stomach started to growl. The young male annoyingly sighed as he takes the dessert from the older female's grasp. 

" Thank..you..," Erik whispers as he takes a bite of the chocolate cupcake. 

" And I also brought you a glass of milk," Madame Giry pulls out a glass bottle from a black bag that's attached to her right hip. 

Erik politely nods his head as he takes the glass bottle, and he opens it as he begins to drink his milk. 

" What do you plan on doing today for your birthday?" Madame Giry curiously asked Erik. 

Erik stops drinking as he turns his attention to Madame Giry. 

" Probably scare the Stage Crew," Erik mischievously smirks at Madame Giry. 

" Erik," Madame Giry's eyes narrowed since she does not want her adoptive son to get hurt by his foolish actions. " Before I go, I need to remind you that the owner, Monsieur Beaufort Mercier, is bringing an important person and his family to the Opera House," The older female firmly tells Erik. 

Erik quietly stared at Madame Giry with a calculating gaze. 

" Is this important person perhaps going to be the new owner?" Erik curiously asked Madame Giry. 

" No," Madame Giry shakes her head. 

" From what I heard, Monsieur Mercier wants this specific person to design and create a magnificent chandelier to put in the middle of theater room," Madame Giry explains to Erik. 

" Is that so? Well, alright, you may leave," Erik merely tells Madame Giry as he turns around, and he walks away from the older female to his lair. 

Madame Giry curiously yet worriedly stared at Erik's back as she wonders what the young male is thinking. The older female looks away as she turns around, and she leaves the dark-haired male's lair by closing the grand door behind her.