"Before you leave, I have an announcement to make." The History teacher, Mrs. Jones, tried to get the class's attention. "We are going on a field trip!"

All of the Seniors head's popped up in mild interest. After the horrible reputation the class had on field trips, it was surprising the school was allowing them to go.

In the front row, Flash eagerly raised his hand.

"Yes, Flash?" The teacher sighed.

"Where are we going?"

"Stark Tower," Mrs. Jones beamed as the class erupted in conversation. "Settle down, everyone." She said, but trying to calm that class down was like going on the wrong escalator. It just didn't work.

"When is it?" Someone called out behind me.

"Two days from today."

"Are we going to meet the Avengers?"

"I don't know."

The students continued firing more and more questions; it wasn't until five minutes later that the class finally settled down. "I am going to give you a permission form. Have a parent sign it and bring it in the morning of the field trip. When you come back, you are going to write a three-page paper on the effects the Avengers had on modern society." All the students groaned from annoyance. The teachers could never let students go on a field trip without an assignment. It must be an unwritten law. "That's it for today. You are all dismissed."

The sounds of chairs squeaking and excited conversations filled the room. The harsh noises hurt Peter's enhanced ears. Was he excited for the field trip? Yes, maybe, one side of his brain could not wait but the other. That side was nervous. Nicholas Fury approached him the other day with an offer. He stated that he was the director of the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division, aka SHIELD. Fury said that if Peter allows SHIELD to understand his powers, then he could join the Avengers as an honorary member. The guy seemed shady and wasn't happy with Peter when he nicknamed him, eyepatch. Honestly, Peter didn't trust anyone without a sense of humor. This whole field trip to the tower seemed too good to be true. It might be a trap to experiment on Peter, and one thing he was certain of was that being experimented on was not fun.

Peter was knocked out of his worries by a spike in his spider-sense. 'Front, ground, step over' it told him. Sadly, Peter was at school, so it was time for a faceplant. His foot hit another one, and his world tilted. The books that he had been holding were scattered all across the floor. A sharp laugh ridiculed his embarrassing fall.

"Looks like the orphan can't walk," Flash announced to everyone in the hall.

A couple of chuckles came from the kids attempting to please Flash. The rest of the students quietly shuffled around me, trying not to be noticed.

"The day is over Flash," Peter replies, grabbing his books from the floor. "Can't we just wait until tomorrow?"

"Aww," Flash taunts. "Is little orphan Annie scared?" The comment receives a chuckle from his mindless goons. Flash proceeds to drag Peter to a back room with the help of his friends.

"Ready for your daily punching, Penis." Flash kicks Peter until he curls up into a ball. Then, he punches him in the face for good measure. "Stop being such a wimp, Parker." He eventually leaves after gifting Peter with broken ribs and a black eye.

"What a great day," Peter tells himself.

He stays there for thirty minutes letting his body heal. He contemplates field trip and decides there is no way to avoid it. He has to write a three-page paper if he goes, and if he doesn't, then it will probably be longer. Who knows, maybe everything will pan out.