Chapter 19 and a half

Začít od začátku

"What I want to do is illegal," he responded, voice cool and even. I grinned almost sadistically at that, bared teeth and all.

"That just makes it more fun."

That was seemingly the straw that broke the camel's back, considering that his eyes blew wide and his breath hitched. I could note the deliberation behind those hooded blue eyes, seeing him fight against his morals and something that he really, really wanted to do.

And, yeah, I would have been lying if I said that I didn't want to do that too. That problem from the night before hadn't quite died down. Not to say that I was walking around with a constant boner, but a brisk wind had been enough to bring it back up again. Especially now that Alex was standing so damn close to me, his head tilted down that little bit so that he could look at my lips as though he wanted to claim them. My heart was hammering in my chest, and rightly so.

I didn't know whether Alex was going to throttle me or do something completely different. Or, well, a cross between the two – which would have been new at the time, but I had been a bit too anxious to consider that option.

Luckily (or maybe unluckily, it depended on what way I was going to look at it), Alex seemingly gave in and lunged forward towards his aim the entire time. Unlike the first time, it was a lot more on target and less sloppy. Just as thrilling, but a little bit more heated. The house was empty, I was damn sure of that, and the fact of the matter was that the two of us were too carried away to care about that factor for the time being.

The tension between us, everything had boiled down to this – frantic hands cupping the side of each other's faces as we clashed lips and perhaps even a bit of tooth. I was still confused, of course I was. A few months after knowing someone sure as hell wasn't enough to assess what I really thought of them, but I liked Alex. Yeah, I liked him. And if I could sleep with him, then that was really just an additional bonus. Some part of my mind was lingering on the fact that Alex had just called me a kid not two minutes ago.

Whatever the fuck. I was going to be seventeen within the duration of five days, whatever law Florida had in place could fuck itself.

But that should have been the last thing on my mind, and it definitely was, especially because Alex got more and more into it as the kiss got deeper. We were still standing in the middle of the living room, but we were far closer than before. Chests pressed up against each other and hands just going widely over any area that we could reach. My favourite at that moment in time was at the back of his neck, just so that I could try and hold him into the kiss before we briefly gasped for breath and delved right back in again.

"Bed," I managed to gasp out, because apparently Alex wasn't even going to consider moving from a place with a very public and open window. He nodded in agreement, but hardly thought it worth his while to stop kissing me considering that he immediately ran his hands down my sides and abruptly hoisted me up onto his waist. Considering the very small height difference between the two of us, the new position made it so that I was peering down at Alex – hunching my back to get at his lips. Maybe a bit of his jawline until the bristles of his laziness started to burn and I decided against it. Lips it was then.

I clenched my legs around his waist, because I was afraid of suddenly being dropped to the floor. Not that I doubted Alex's capability of carrying my weight, but being held up that high did require a certain amount of trust. It would have been weird to go at it in the room that an eight year old slept in, the same went for the shared room of Alex and Violet (not that they were in it at the same time a lot of the time, considering their packed jobs and how demanding they were of time) – so Alex seemingly thought it best to go for that renovated room that we had previously managed to haul a mattress into.