"So we're co-parenting?"

"Stop playing with me. I let you have your little fit so now, it's time for you to move your ass back in. We ain't gone be breaking up over fixable shit."

"Who daddy is you?"

"You already know the answer to that question."

I playfully rolled my eyes.

"That's probably why you acting like that. Whole time instead of being stubborn, you could've been getting some good dick."

I laughed.

"Go away. You just want some pussy."

"I mean it has been a minute."

-

I was so excited for this day that I could barely sleep. The gender reveal was supposed to had been weeks ago, but there has been a lot going on:

After Shareef and I decided that we wanted to still be together, we agreed to bring the girls back out here.

There was a whole lot of back and forth with that entire situation so the move and registering them back into their schools took longer than expected.

When they got here, we had to lay down the ground rules and I wanted to see if they would act accordingly because I wasn't about to be dealing with bullshit when the focus is supposed to be on the arrival of my baby.

By the time we finally cleared them to stay and agreed that this could work (the behavior is still a work in progress, but I can tell progress is being made), my birthday was approaching and I had to focus on figuring out what I was going to do.

I had made a plan of what I wanted to do for my birthday almost a year in advance, but I wasn't 6 months pregnant and raising teenagers back then.

There was going to be no flying out of the country, getting drunk, shaking ass, and spending hella money on unnecessary shit.

I decided to have go have a nice dinner so that I could dress up. Then, I hosted a big sleepover at the house. We watched movies, played games, and drank mocktails.

It wasn't my overseas trip I wanted, but I enjoyed myself.

Shareef surprised me with an Aston Martin DB11. The car definitely wasn't a family car, but we had two other 4 door cars to pack our family of soon to be 5 in.

-

Sitting the the nursery was my happy place. I was still in shock that I was going to be holding a baby in a short few months.

I kept trying to imagine different themes for the baby's room. Did I want something gender neutral? Did I want something more gender specific?

My mind was constantly racing awaiting to find out what the gender is. I strongly felt like the baby was a boy, but I didn't want to just start buying or planning the nursery theme around a baby boy. What if it was a girl?

The gender honestly didn't matter to me. I just want a healthy baby.

I was also trying to brainstorm names for the baby.

I'd think of a name and then try to imagine what the baby would look like. Did the name fit the baby I pictured? Did it sound right?

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Come in."

Jalyn and Kairi came in and sat on the floor.

"It's almost that time."