Twice Upon A Time

Începe de la început

"But why?"

"Maybe it's us, maybe it's something else, but somehow, something has gone very wrong with Time."

"Hello? Sorry. So sorry. I don't suppose any of you is a doctor?"

"Are you trying to be funny?" A bright light appears behind the Captain. He turns.

"She's coming. She's coming. It's her."

"Not human, I think. State your planet of origin and your intentions. This is Earth, a level five civilisation." The first doctor says.

"And it is protected."

"Always protected" I say.

"It's what?" The transparent figure and the light disappears.

"Oh. Okay. That doesn't usually work." We whisper.

"Protected by whom?"

"Oh, it is early days, isn't it?"

The first doctor turns to the Captain. "May I suggest, for your own safety, you step onboard our ship?"

"What ship?"

"He means, get inside the box." The first Doctor unlocks our version of the Tardis.

"A little snug from this angle" the first Seer says.

*TARDIS*

'But you might be in for a sur... Our Tardis. Look at our Tardis!"

"This is impossible!"

"Have we been burgled?" The first Doctor looks at the other Seer, and she shrugs.

"It's... but it's..."

"It's hideous!" I slightly gasp.

"Bigger on the inside than it is on the outside."

"You know, I thought it probably was. I'm glad it's not just us." I point to myself and the 12th doctor. I shut the doors behind me.

"What is this place?"

"This place is, or ought to be, our Tardis." The first Seer says. The Doctor swings the scanner round.

"Technically, that is your Tardis. It's about seventy feet that way, see? Always remember where you parked. It's going to come up a lot."

"Is this madness? Am I going mad?"

"Madness? Well, you're an officer from World War One at the South Pole, being pursued by an alien through frozen time. Madness was never this good." I tell him.

"World War One?"

"Judging by the uniform, yes."

"Yes, but what do you mean, one?"

"Oh, sorry. Spoilers."

"Enough of this! Who are you two?"

"Er, you know who we am. You knew the moment you saw us. I'd say stop being an idiot, but wenkind of know what's coming." The 1st Doctor removes his astrakan hat and cloak and hands them to the Doctor.

"I assure you, we do not have the faintest idea who you two are."

"Well, we know who you are."

"Is anyone going to explain what's going on?" The Doctor shows off the regeneration glow in his hand, while I do the same the First Seer looks down at her hand, then back at mine.

"But that's impossible" she says.

"Snap."

"You are me? No. No." The the Seer points at me.