━━━ 06. party after party

Start from the beginning

"I'm not keeping things from you," Ander argued, but before I could refute that, he went on, "And every relationship there are challenges, so don't just use my distancing as an excuse for you to do and say certain things."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, and he huffed loudly.

"I overheard Nic talking to Valerio about you going to the club after our dinner just go be with him yesterday." Ander informed me, but I drawn my brows together.

"I just needed a drink and actual friend at the moment and it's not like you were in the mood to even be bothered with me or even spare me a glance," I retorted, clenching my jaw, "And we did nothing but drink and dance for a bit, that's it."

"Okay, so why didn't you tell me yesterday?"

"Because it wasn't important, Ander." I claimed, "It's not like I fucked him."

"But you say I keep secrets." He scoffed and I get up from the chair to go him.

"No, I said we, not just you." I assured him, "Something changed between us, Ander. Never were you distant and wanted to start arguments out of nowhere. We promised not to push each other away."

"I'm not the only one that was distant, Adriana." He grunted, "And none of this came out of nowhere."

"So where? Where did it come from, huh?" I asked him, but he stood silent, so I shoved him a bit, "Why aren't you letting me all the way in, Ander? What's wrong because none of this is about me, Nic, or our relationship?"

"Everything, Adriana! Everything is wrong and everything is fucked up and I can't tell you any of it!" He suddenly exclaimed before we both heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!" We said in unison before the door swing open to reveal Omar in his costume. I couldn't help, but smile as Omar was finally becoming comfortable in his own skin, "You look great, Omar."

He eyed us, knowing that anger resided inside both of us before smiling back at me, "Thanks. I was hoping the makeup wasn't too much."

I go over to him and cup his face, nodding over to Ander who was behind us, "He's all yours. I'll meet you guys at the party." Before he answered, I walked off and out of Ander's house to go to my car. When I got in the car, I slammed the door shut and rested my head on the steering wheel, "Fuck!" I cursed loudly to myself, not even sure if I was mad at him or myself.

Why couldn't he tell me things? I wondered to myself, what was he keeping from me that's eating him up so badly?

I let out a groan before I put my keys in the ignition and drove off to my old house. It wasn't long before I got there, a weird feeling hitting the pit of my stomach as I pulled up in front of the house, though I chose to distract myself with everyone entering the house with costumes on.

I hesitated before leaving my car, going into the house slowly as the music for louder and the smell of weed and alcohol got stronger. I pushed my way through the crowd as I went inside, smiling at everyone's costume under the blacklights that surrounded the house now. For a sudden party like this, people were sure to have a costume in time. I guess people will do anything for free drinks.

"Ana!" I heard, only to smile wide when I saw Lu waving me down as she dressed up at Frida Kahlo. I went over to her only for to scan my outfit, "I didn't expect the skirt to be that short on you. Freshman year, it touched your knees."

I laughed at her words, glancing down at my skirt, "It's called growing, Lu."

She chuckled and handed me a cup, letting me keep it before she looked around, "Where's your dates?"