“Sure. I can do that. I wasn’t planning on going home to France this year afterall so it’ll be good.”

I sit up to look at his face and into his eyes. I need to know that he’s not just saying what I want to hear, “You’re sure?” 

He nods, “Yes, you know I’m not one to just say what I know you want to hear.” He clicks his tongue at me. 

I smile and peck him on the lips, “I know, I know. I just needed to make sure. Though I’m going to warn you right now. My family is very huggy. They don’t do welcome handshakes, it’s hugs or you’ve seriously offended them.” 

“...Right.” 

Levi’s Pov

There were very few things that Levi would consider beautiful in this world. However the image of the woman asleep in his arms right now was one of those things. It amazed him that someone like her would even look at him. Sure, he was good looking and he knew it, but this was different. Despite all of the flings he’d had in his life she meant more to him than that. Perhaps it was the fact that she came as a package deal but then again perhaps not. 

Levi can’t put his finger on what it is about this woman but he knew for sure that he had probably fallen in love with her. She was so special to him and her son might as well have been his own. Those two were his family now. 

Picking Sophie up in his arms he moves her back into her bedroom and onto the bed. Folding down the covers with care he didn’t think he possessed Levi tucked the beauty in before going back out to the living room. He wasn’t tired yet and so he figured he’d watch some more television before going back to bed.

Just as he’s on the couch his phone begins to ring. Fumbling around with it he grabs it finally and clicks the call through without looking at it. “What?” He snaps. 

‘Rivaille, nice to hear you’re the same ill-tempered man as ever.’ 

Levi’s stomach drops, “Darlett. How did you even get this number?”

‘I know you’re the leak in this company.’ 

“Tell me what evidence you have of accusing me of that?”

‘It’s what you and your filthy family do; destroy companies I mean. Tell me, do you even love that Sophia woman or was she just convenient for you?’ 

Levi grips the phone harder, so hard that he thinks he hears the plastic cracking, “Insinuate that again and I’ll push you into the nine o’clock traffic the next chance I get. Leave Sophia out of this, she’s not affiliated in our business.” 

‘If she’s involved with you then she might as well be in the middle of it all.’

“I’m warning you, keep away. She has a son.” 

‘Like you care about that. With what you’re doing you’re the real threat to her and her son, not me–Listen, I’m not here to debate that woman with you. In fact I’ll just get straight to the point. Leave the company or I’ll reveal everything I know about you.’ 

“You don’t threaten me. I’ll give you a warning. Try anything and I’ll make sure you never work anywhere in the United States or France, ever again.” Levi hangs up before Flagon has a chance to reply. That bastard needed to learn when to stay down.