𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟏𝟒

Start from the beginning

"Oi - Earth to Adeline, dishes" Mom then interrupted. I blinked away the distraction and followed her into the kitchen - leaving Josh with Blaire and my brother. Hopefully nothing crazy would happen whilst I was gone.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Josh's POV

After watching Addie walk away, I turned back and smiled to Blaire and Angelo. They were practically siblings as well, and you could see it from how they were ganging up on me with their eyes.

"Well...you're a better actor that I thought Josh" Blaire said and I could only tilt my head and smile weakly. That was a compliment, but I felt a punch line coming.

"Yeah like, you're really good at pretending that you're into Addie" Angelo added and I nodded slowly. There it is. But I didn't know how to respond.

"I mean, gotta do what I gotta do right" I replied and they both looked at me with sly smiles. I wasn't sure about how I was really feeling with all this, but it seemed they knew on my behalf.

"Okay this feels weird since I'm obsessed with you - like I'm very proud of it and I promise I won't fangirl" Blaire began which made me chuckle, "and Addie was kinda on the same level as me but now she's obviously changed after actually knowing you for weeks" she continued.

"Yeah I mean, that's great - I'm happy we're great friends now" I responded. I was still unsure as to what they were both trying to get out of me.

"Alright the jig's up dude how long are you planning on doing this with my sister?" Angelo suddenly asked sternly. My eyes went wide and so did Blaire's I think they were going for a good cop-bad cop scenario but he was over being patient.

"Uhh, I guess until whenever she says it's over. I mean this is just a favor. I'm doing this to help you guys and whatever she says, goes" I assured. Angelo proceeded to smile at my response, as he believed me.

"Okay but...Addie may be blind, but we're not...this is kinda looking like more than just 'a favor' for you" Blaire hinted and I felt my cheeks immediately heat up. So she definitely knew, but Addie of course didn't.

"Is it, obvious or?" I asked shyly. Blaire could only look at me with a pitiful smile.

"I don't think you're that good of an actor -" Angelo was cut off by Blaire flicking his head, which made both us boys laugh.

"Anyway guys it doesn't matter - don't tell her I said anything. I appreciate the concern but I really don't think there's anything to worry about...since I don't think Addie feels the same way." I said in a way that was casual, but I don't think I hid the disappointment I was feeling that much either.

"You haven't even asked her, it shouldn't be that hard and then you guys can date or whatever" the little guy declared, causing me and Blaire to snicker. But he was just trying to protect his sister which was nothing but admirable.

"Oh and I guess you're a love guru now" Blaire teased. He tsked and slumped in his chair, before declaring he was going to get a second serving of dessert.

Once he left though, Blaire took a seat closer to me and I knew where this was going. Because despite what Angelo said, it wasn't 'that easy' - and no one knew why, more than Blaire.

"Listen uh, I know me saying all this is a lot to hear but...you gotta know why Addie may not be showing any interest," she began and I felt myself go tense.

"W-so are you saying that she is...in some way?" I asked but then the girl's face wasn't confident.

"Okay there's a part of me that wishes it to be true because you genuinely seem really cool, and she could be happier with you" she confessed and I timidly smiled. She definitely wasn't ashamed from showing that she was a fan but I respected that more than having it hidden; no one was disingenuous in this family.