☕️65☕️

"Shaken not stirred Jeeves," Mom joked. "His name is Robert, Lorelai," Grandpa corrected her.

"So, Rory, Heather, both of you are starting your second year at Yale and Columbia," Grandpa pointed out.

"I'm moving into a different residential hall," Rory told him. "I still have my apartment," I said.

"When was the last time we actually came in here?" Rory asked me quietly. "It was when we were bickering, so Mom pushed us both into the pool," I told her.

The maid came in. "Dinner is served in the main house."

We went across to the main house and things were awkward as the same questions were asked.

"So, this is how Friday nights will be from now on, eh?" I looked at Rory.

"Yep," she sighed.

***

"Why do we need the word potty?" Mom asked us. "How hard is it to learn the word bathroom?"

"Well, potty can be interpreted as a verb in some circumstances," I said to Mom. "Whereas bathroom is a specific place."

"Hi," Mom said in a flirty tone to Luke. "I'm working," he grunted. "Rory, Heather, anything you want, on the house since it's your second year of college."

"I can't believe you won't flirt with me in front of Rory and Heather," Mom gasped. "I'll have scrambled eggs," Rory told him. "French toast with cinnamon," I requested.

Luke scribbled the order down and walked away. "So, Mom and Luke dating," Rory was really excited and frankly so was I.

"I know," I smiled. "How's you and Tall Boy?"

"I don't even know," Rory admitted as Luke brought over the food.

Today was the big day, I was moving back to New York for my sophomore year.

I was still working at American Eagle Outfitters but Claire promised to get me a job in the Rainbow Room after Christmas.

I pulled in next to the apartment and I thought back to this time last year. Just arriving, Jess doing my boxes for me while Claire gave me the tour.

I went into the apartment to see Dave and Andrea making out. I flicked them both at the back of the head, making them jump apart. "My God, already?"

"Sorry," Andrea mumbled. "Be a lamb and help me with my stuff," I requested. Andrea and Dave got up and started going downstairs to get the boxes.

I went outside. "HEATHER!" Sophia ran up to me and hugged me tightly. "Sophomore year is finally here!"

"Hey, that rhymed!" I pointed out. We decided to walk around campus a little bit together, while drinking coffee. "So, our new member of our little group is Mike," Sophia told me. "Good for our shouting matches," I nodded.

"And this is the year we get cracking on the scripts," Sophia warned me. "How's that big wig one of yours coming along?"

"It's getting there," I told her.

Mine was all about the mafia, there's love, hate, betrayal all the works.

"So, let's check out the new competition, the Theatre Department!" Sophia rubbed her hands together like a Bond Villain.

We stormed into Theatre A, with our coffees. According to Cole, it's sophomore tradition.

"What the bloody hell are you two doing here?!" Gretchen hissed at us. "Scoping out the competition, bitch," Sophia told her. "Now listen here newbies, you do not fuck with the Film Department, if you don't fuck with us, we won't fuck with you," she left as soon as she said that.

Gretchen looked at me. "Uh..what she said," I mumbled and I ran out.

"Cole told me to say that," Sophia told me. "Okay," I laughed.

***

"You are giving me that footage," Cole tried to take my flash drive away from me but I held it over my head. "No, I have to edit it!"

"Oh let me have a look!"

"No!"

Cole was the same height as me so it was a big competition between the two of us. "I will do anything to get that damn flash drive," he threatened me.

"Oh yeah, like what?" I muttered. "Don't test me Gilmore," he tried to wrestle it away from me.

"No, you're not getting my god damn flash drive! Maybe when it's edited but not now."

Cole somehow got it away from me and started running. "COLE!"

I sprinted after him and he looked behind him to see how far behind I was.

Unfortunately for him, he didn't notice the fountain ahead of him and he tripped and fell in.

Everyone burst out laughing and I found my flash drive on the ground, dry as a bone.

"Hasta la vista, baby," I smirked, using my best impression of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I ran back into Columbia, into the computer room and plugged it in. I played a video of me doing a video diary.

"Day one of Thorpe Park and we are currently, lining up for the Nemesis Inferno," my past self said to the camera. I kept watching the video, we had to spend longer lining up for the front.

I edited some music in the background and put some sound effects in when I zoomed in or out.

I logged onto my email and I spotted a new one from Rory. I opened it up and read it.

Hey Hezzy

Do you remember the guy you did the chicken fight with? He literally came up to me and asked "Where's your sister?"

But he was with some rich guy, that kind who thinks they're better than everyone else

But nothing much has happened except that the professor Paris was dating died.

I'll see you Wednesday

Love Rory.