"I'm sorry you had to see me like that," I said, finally breaking the few minutes of silence. "I have no intention of losing it like that again."

She stayed silent. I furrowed my brows. Guess it's apology time.

"I get it if you want to get away from me- that's a totally normal reaction. Especially after I threatened to kill two of your friends," I chuckled dryly, finally sitting down. I still hadn't looked at her. "It's just... seeing them again. The Commandments, I mean. Knowing I couldn't protect you three unless I let loose. I thought maybe if we hid... or you guys got away... ahh, I dunno. I was being a coward. I just... I guess I didn't want to have to face the worst parts of me. That's what demon abilities do- they bring out the worst in you. And then Ban kissed her and... well, I'm sure you get it.

"Point is... I get it if you're scared. I get it you're disgusted. Anything negative is a rational reaction to all that. I was freaked out and panicking and I didn't know what to do. In a moment of weakness, I let myself go and became... that. I'm really sorry, Jericho. I'm sorry I have to rely on my race to protect you against them." I finally turned back to look at her, smiling shakily. Her expression was one of shock, "I'm sorry I'm not strong enough."

"Wait, hold on, I'm not... scared," she said awkwardly, moving next to me and pulling me into an uncomfortable hug.

"That's weird," I chuckled humorlessly.

"I'm just really used to the fun, happy you.... y'know? I didn't realize that you could be so... I dunno ruthless."

"That's fair," I hummed, hugging her a little tighter. "But I'm making you this promise right now. I promise I will not be losing it like that ever again. Unless everyone is about to die, I have no intention of becoming... that."

"(Y/N), you're really strong. Those guys are too- stronger than us. This isn't a request," Jericho pulled away and looked at me sternly, "If anything happens, I know you won't hurt anyone you care about when you're like that. So I want you to go ham."

"Haha, no," I grinned lopsidedly at her, standing up. "Now how about you and I get cooking, yeah? I dunno how we're going to make something out of all this, but we can sure as hell try."

"Cook? I'm not a housewife! I'm a Holy Knight!"

"And I'm an all-powerful demon. Get your ass over here and help me carry this stuff."

• Time Skip •

"Wow, that actually turned out okay," I said in surprise, picking up everyone's plates and setting them on the bar. I had managed to make a pasta with a dried tomato sauce, and several seasonings later, it scarily turned out okay. Jericho did most of that while I attempted to make the dried meat edible. Using some questionable methods and some random things I found in the safe, I made it seem a little bit better than beef jerky. An overall success in my book.

"Thank you, (y/n), thank you, Jericho. It was delicious," Elaine grinned at us, the genuine cuteness of it nearly blinding.

IregretcallingherabitchIregretcallingherabitchIregretcallingherabitchIregretcallingherabit-

"Nah, it was all (y/n), I just stirred the pasta," Jericho laughed, helping me with the dishes.

"Nonsense! That's a huge help! Oh, here, let me-" she huffed, before standing and reaching for the last of the dishes on the table. I flicked her hand.

"Uh, no. You just almost died, calm down there, hun," I snapped, grabbing it.

"But I'm fine now!" She protested.

"Nope. You just got revived and then almost killed in a huge fight with some of the most powerful beings in this realm. Go rest, you'll need it."

"Hate to admit it, but she's right," Jericho added, and I slapped her across the arm. "Ow! What was that for?!"

"You just fought them! And Jericho and Ban did too! Why am I the only one?" She huffed, puffing her cheeks out and crossing her arms.

I laughed, ruffling her hair. Ban glared daggers at me as I did so, but I continued anyway.

"Sweetie, Ban's immortal. I'm a demon, and Jericho got super-healed. No offense, but you're at a disadvantage," I grinned, playfully raising an eyebrow.

She kept her mad face, but stayed silent, meaning she knew I was right. I chuckled quietly, turning around to go help Jericho with the dishes. But before I could, there was a loud crash outside of the cave. I leaned backward and raised an eyebrow.

Escanor walked into the cave, looking back at the sun as it shrunk behind the mountains and he returned to his small self.

"Hey, Escy!" I smiled, waving at him.

"Hello, (y/n)! It's you that saved us then!" He exclaimed, walking into the bar and hugging himself and covering his bare chest.

"Haha, and here I was thinking you recognized the nickname," I smiled.

"W-well, that too..." he mumbled, looking down.

"Jericho, Elaine, this is Escanor, the Lion Sin of Pride of the Eight Deadly Sins," I turned around, gesturing toward him. "He took care of Melascula, one of the Commandments."

"You're the big guy from earlier?" Jericho asked.

"Yes... that's my power. When the sun comes up, I get stronger and more confident."

"Damn, you're small."

"Escanor," I interrupted, giving Jericho an over-the-shoulder glare. I gestured the two girls, "This is Jericho, she's a Holy Knight, and that's Elaine, she's a fairy who got revived recently."

"Revived?" He asked, and I just shrugged.

"W-well I'm very happy to have you all her. Is there any chance Merlin will be accompanying us soon?"

"They're all somewhere else," I said, "Not sure where. I'm planning on going to look for them once I get these three to safety."

"Like hell! You've seen what those guys can do, the sins need the help!" Ban butted in.

"Then I guess we're all going," I shrugged, whispering to Escanor, "the girls just kinda follow him around."

Jericho growled, "I heard that."

"It's true, hun, and you know it."

"Well I'd love to come with you!" Escanor said, eyes shining.

I ruffle his hair, "'Course, big man."

"But I have a delivery to make tomorrow... barrels of ale."

"That's cool. We can tag along. It'll give everyone a chance to rest and take a day or two off." I hummed, "I'm guessing we leave bright and early?"

"Mhm," he smiled, then sneezed dramatically. It kinda sounded like a kitten though. "Oh no! I'm going to catch a cold."

He rushed to the back room through a door behind the bar. I looked at everyone once the door was closed.

"Sounds like a plan then. Y'all should probably get some rest. I'll keep watch, just in case anyone comes back."

"Sounds like a plan, I'm beat!" Jericho sighed, laying down on the floor, using her arms as a pillow. I deadpanned.

"I'm sure."