~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓢𝓲𝔁 ~

Start from the beginning

"What! No, please no" Lina cried, Harry looked over at her, she was still crouched down with Remus but her eyes now swelled with tears, her cheeks were flushed red and there was something odd about her face, he had never seen her look so distressed.

Whatever colour was left in Sirius's face drained "you, you've got to hear me out. The rat-"

But Snape ignored him "come on, all of you" he clicked his fingers and the end of the cords flew to his hands "I'll drag the werewolf. Perhaps the Dementors will have a kiss for him too-" Harry and Lina looked at each other from across the bedroom, they nodded both having the same idea and crossed the room so they were both blocking the door. "Get out of the way Black, Potter, you're both in enough trouble already" Snape snarled "if I hadn't been here to save your skin-"

"Professor Lupin could have killed me about a hundred times this year," Harry said "I've been alone with him loads of time, having Defence lessons against the Dementors. If he was helping Black why didn't he just finish me off then?"

"Don't ask me to fathom the way a werewolf's mind works" Snape hissed.

"It works like any other persons" Lina hissed back "Remus raised me, he's a good person, much better than you" Lina gripped her wand tightly in her hand "and I will not let him or my dad get a Dementors kiss, especially not by your doing."

"Get. Out. The. Way" Snape seethed.

"YOU'RE PATHETIC!" Harry yelled, "JUST BECAUSE THEY MADE A FOOL OF YOU AT SCHOOL YOU WON'T EVEN LISTEN-"

"SILENCE! I WILL NOT BE SPOKEN TO LIKE THAT" Snape yelled back "I have just saved both of your necks, you should be thanking me on bended knee! You would have been well-served if he'd killed you! You, Potter, would have died like your father, too arrogant to believe you might be mistaken in Black - and you Black, you'd die like your mother, knowing everything you thought you knew was wrong - now get out of the way or I will make you. GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

Before Lina could fully process what she was doing she raised her wand and pointed it straight at Snape "Stupefy!" Snape flew backwards and hit the opposite wall, he crumbled down now unconscious.

Everyone stopped and looked at Lina in shock "you shouldn't have done that" Sirius said.

"He had it coming" Lina shrugged "five years aginst me, three years against Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville and however many more he bullied to make himself feel better" she looked at Sirius "and I wasn't going to let him take you or Remus for a Dementors kiss, especially not before you'd finished the story."

"You should have left him to me."

"I was quicker."

"You attacked a teacher!" Hermione said, "you're going to be in so much trouble."

Remus continued to struggle against his bonds, Sirius bent down and quickly untied him. Remus stood up and rubbed his arms where the ropes had cut into him "thank you, Lina, Harry."

"I'm not saying I believe you" Harry retorted.

"Then it's time we offered you some proof," Sirius said "you, boy, give me Peter. Now."

Ron clutched Scabbers closer to his chest "come off it. Are you trying to say you broke out of Azkaban just to get your hands on Scabbers? I mean" he looked at Lina, Harry and Hermione for support "okay, say, Pettigrew could turn into a rat - there are millions of rats - how's he supposed to know which one he's after if he was locked up in Azkaban?"

"You know Sirius, that's a good question," Remus said frowning slightly "how did you find out where he was?"

Sirius reached inside his robes and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper, he smoothed it out and showed it to the others. It was a photo of Ron and his family that had appeared in the Daily Prophet from the previous summer, on Ron's shoulder was Scabbers, who looked much healthier than he did now.