""I'm not letting you get off this bed! I can't trust you to not eat the treats!"

"J-Jungkook can you at least get off my chest? It's hard to breathe!" Taehyung was struggling to breathe only a little, he was really fine, but why not act a bit in order to get the stubborn boy off of him? He was a good actor, so he might as well use that to his advantage.

"No! We are staying put, Daddy!" Jungkook huffed and crossed his arms in front of his chest to be stubborn.

"Jungkook. Get off!"

"No can do!"

"Jeon Jungkook. Get off of me. Now." Taehyung tried to be as intimidating as possible and managed to darken his expression. Jungkook needed to get the picture that he could potentially suffocate him if he stayed for too long. Not that he would mind being suffocated by Jungkook's -

What? Did someone say something? No? Okay.

Jungkook just looked down and pouted, before glancing up to give puppy eyes.

"Do you promise not to go eat all the treats?"

"Yes, bun, I promise! That was just a threat so you would forgive me. Seems like it worked, I guess." Taehyung chuckled. Jungkook nodded and slid off of Taehyung's chest, plopping on the empty space on the bed next to him.

"Okay, fine. I forgive you, Daddy."

"Thank you. Now can I talk to you about the thing I told you I wanted to talk about earlier?"

"I don't know, can you?"

"Aish, don't be like that, bun. I hate when people do that, it reminds me of my school days." Taehyung chuckled and slightly cringed remembering all the times his teachers would say that exact sentence.

"Sorry, go ahead." Jungkook giggled and looked at Taehyung as a sign for him to start talking.

"Okay, well anyways, I need to know how comfortable you are with spending the day here alone tomorrow? I have to make some visits and I don't know if it's the best idea for you to come with?"

Taehyung felt like an asshole, yes, but he had his reasons.

He has to go visit his mother and grandfather tomorrow.

In fact, the reason he dropped the glass in the kitchen was because he got a reminder from his phone saying he had to visit them tomorrow. It shocked him, as he had forgotten all about it.

And Taehyung didn't exactly want Jungkook to meet them and have his grandfather be mean to him, or his mother asking too many questions.

He just wanted everyone to be happy and healthy, and he couldn't picture anyone being happy after a visit with his grandfather. Taehyung absolutely loves his grandpa, they were really close for a long long time, don't get him wrong. But after his health went down the gutter and his mental sharpness faded to a dull edge, it unfortunately just wasn't the same.

"W-What?"

Oh shit.

Taehyung realized he did not think this through enough. He just asked the boy who had a meltdown over staying in a room for a few hours, to spend most of his day alone in his apartment. Why did he expect this to go well?

Jungkook looked ready to cry.

"W-What do you mean?! Daddy, where are you going? Why can't Kookie come?" Jungkook whined and rolled on his stomach to better face the older who was questioning himself.

"Uh, Kookie, I just need to go run a few errands and visit some people, okay? It shouldn't take too long! I'd be back before you know it!" Taehyung tried to salvage the situation and the younger's feelings, but it seemed a little too late for that.

Jungkook had tears in his eyes.

"B-But I don't want Daddy to go! I wanna stay with you! I-I don't wanna be alone again! Why can't I just come with you?" Jungkook sniffled a little and started to spiral like he always does when he's upset.

"N-No! Kookie wait, it's okay! I just want you safe and happy at home while I go deal with boring stuff! Don't cry, bun, you're okay." Taehyung explained and pulled Jungkook closer to him for comfort.

"But Daddy, I-I only feel safe a-and happy when I'm with you! I w-wanna stay with you, even doing the boring stuff! I-I just wanna go with you, please, s-so I'm not alone and sad again!"

Jungkook looked at Taehyung with teary eyes, holding a familiar emotion that Taehyung saw in his eyes that night in the alleyway. Hope.

But this time, there was also another emotion. Taehyung didn't quite know how to label it, but the closest thing he could come up with was desperation. Not a bad desperation, more like a longing. He seemed so desperate to hold onto Taehyung and for him to accept him. Jungkook wanted nothing more than to be with Taehyung all the time, and was desperate to make it happen.

Perhaps another emotion related to fondness or likeness was present as well, but Taehyung couldn't pin it. Jungkook just had so much hope, desperation, longing, and fondness in his sparkly eyes, Taehyung could cry just looking at it.

Well, it almost actually did make him cry.

"Oh, baby. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you this upset. Come here." Taehyung wrapped his arms around the teary Jungkook, holding him close.

Jungkook's heart rate picked up a little, because it was the first time Taehyung ever called him baby. It was his favorite nickname, and it felt like a big deal finally coming from Taehyung. Well, let's just say he very much preferred Taehyung calling him that than a certain old daddy of his. It just sounded nicer coming from Taehyung's calming and deep voice.

He happily snuggled into Taehyung's arms and embraced him, nuzzling his head into the older's chest.

"Baby just wants to stay with Daddy."

Jungkook whined, still feeling sad even though his tummy had some butterflies in it.

"Okay, baby. Kookie can come with Daddy tomorrow, but don't say I didn't warn you. It's won't be very ideal for you." Taehyung petted the ravenette's hair, now thinking about how the next day would go since Jungkook would be there too.

"Yay! Thank you, Daddy! I'll behave I promise! Kookie's honor!" Jungkook finally smiled and did a mini salute to the content male holding him.

"Alright, I trust you, baby. Get some sleep, okay? I don't want you so tired tomorrow."

"Okay, thank you. Goodnight, Daddy."

"Goodnight, baby."

They both closed their eyes and slowly fell asleep in each other's warm embrace. Yeontan eventually came back to cuddle and sleep with them too.

Well, Taehyung couldn't stop thinking about what the fuck just happened and how he would have to get through and survive tomorrow, but what else is new?

———————————————————————
Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, school is kicking my ass rn. This chapter was mostly for some fluff 🥰 But I do have a question for you guys.

Do you prefer fluff, angst, or like what kinds of situations would you like to see more of??

I DO have bigger angst planned for later obviously, but in the meantime or in more filler kind of chapters, what do you enjoy reading?

Constructive criticism is always welcome, so thank you

And again, please stay healthy inside and stay safe during these times. I wish everyone luck and healthiness 💜

Thanks for reading, I'll see you soon with a rather fun chapter 😉☺️

Love ya! 💜🥰👋

-AOMT