"Shout Out from Orion"

Start from the beginning

Hijirikawa returned the gesture as the air around us became very tense. Haruka made her way over to my side as I tried to ease everyone.

"W-Wait a sec, guys. We may not look like it, but Haruka and I will be just fine. We've both got good heads on our shoulders," I told them confidently as Haruka and I linked arms and nodded.

I don't think they were convinced.

"R-Really?" Otoya asked hesitantly.

I continued to give them a big smile to reassure them as Haruka spoke up.

"Yep, we'll be okay. See you guys later," she and I waved as we both jogged off.

As we walked through the hallway, I stopped for a second.

"Hey, Haruka? I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick before we head out," I told her as she stopped and looked at me.

She smiled and nodded.

"Okay, but hurry," she joked.

I giggled as I made my way down the hall to where I knew the bathroom was. As I turned the corner quickly, I bumped into someone and tripped over my own feet, falling to the ground.

"Ow.." I mumbled as I rubbed my head.

I looked in front of me to see that my stuff had fallen all over the place. But, I was worried about the person I had bumped into.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," I apologized as I went to grab a CD that I had bought Haruka for her to get signed.

As I reached for the CD, another hand did as well. Our hands ended up touching as the bigger hand grabbed the CD. I blushed at the contact, but I looked up and saw Ichinose looking to the ground.

"I-Ichinose?" I asked quietly as we stood up.

As he began standing, I saw him wince a little bit while letting out a small grunt. I looked down, and saw that he was favoring his left foot over the other.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, hoping that he wasn't hurt too bad.

He didn't say anything, and instead handed me the CD and began walking off.

"A-Are you not going to your brother's concert?" I asked him as he stopped.

Ichinose had his back to me, but he began speaking.

"Are you going?" He asked me.

I looked up at him, but I stayed quiet for a minute before I answered him.

"Well, yes. Haruka bought me a ticket so..." I trailed off as I looked off to the side.

He turned slightly to face me.

"Do you not like Hayato?" He asked me all of a sudden.

I looked up at him suddenly and waved my hands around while turning into a chibi.

"N-No, it's not that. I'm just not as big of a fan as she is. I think he's a good singer though," I stuttered.

I was scared he was going to think I didn't like his brother, which wasn't true at all. He and I hadn't gotten off on the right foot since we had met for the first time, so I was hoping he didn't misunderstand. He continued to look at me until he spoke again.

"Why not tell her how you feel? Surely, she wouldn't mind," he suggested.

I looked to him with wide eyes. I wasn't expecting him to suggest that to me. Sure, Haruka knew Hayato wasn't my favorite singer, but she knew that I liked some of his songs. And plus, I was grateful to him in some ways for what he's done for my friend as well. I looked to Ichinose.