,,Sir, you are not allowed in here. You have to go back and wait in the hallway." A young female healer told him, while three male healers grabbed him by the arms and tried pulling him away.

,,Get out of my way!" Draco growled, his nerves tensed to the maximum. He could barely control his anger and was looking quite frightening.

,,Sir, we must insist you wait here. If you tell us who you're searching for then maybe, we can..."

Draco let out another loud curse, breaking free from the men's hold and raised his wand.

,,If you don't get out of my way this instant, you'll regret it." He snapped, eyeing the healers dangerously.

Because of the rage, he didn't even notice the female healer turning to leave. Moments later she came back, followed by someone else.

,,What in Merlin's name is happening here?" Hermione said breathlessly, looking at the scene in front of her.

As soon as he heard her voice, Draco's head snapped in her direction, analyzing her almost hungrily. He noticed a small cut along her cheek, blood dripping from the wound. That made him curse inwardly, feeling his blood boil. But he had to admit that other than that she seemed to be perfectly alright. Apart from the anger she was displaying in the way she looked at Draco, of course.

Hermione was staring at Draco in angry disbelief, her hands on her hips, her nostrils flaring, her hair frizzier than usual.

,,What do you think you're doing, Malfoy, coming here, yelling and threating people like this?"

,,I... well I..." Draco could feel himself deflating under her scrutinizing glare.

,,What are you doing here?" she asked again, gesturing for the other healers to leave.

,,Potter sent me a message. Told me to come to St. Mungo's because McKinley had attacked." Draco answered swiftly, barely taking in air.

,,Well, yes he did." Hermione said, letting out a huff of annoyance, brushing a strand of hair out of her face. Draco noticed her face was flushed and how she winced when her hand touched the wound on her cheek. ,,The bastard disguised himself as a patient and as soon as he got inside he started attacking people. Luckily, he wasn't in the killing mood, he just wanted to attract the Aurors' attention. I think he was feeling desperate. Since the Aurors caught most of his followers, he must have felt cornered, with no place to hide."

,,What happened to him?" Draco asked, slowly trying to compose himself, suddenly feeling very stupid at his outburst.

,,He had the misfortune to bump into me one minute after he started his rampage." Hermione said, her eyes flaring at the memory. ,,Nothing a simple stunning spell couldn't do, though. Harry was here to take him to the Ministry for questioning. He just left."

,,I'm going to kill Potter for this." Draco grumbled under his breath.

Hermione raised an eyebrow, clearly confused. It wasn't like him to do something like this for no reason. At that point she was feeling very determined to find out the reason behind Draco's confusing attitude.

,,Why are you here, Draco?" she asked again, this time staring at him intently.

Draco didn't miss her use of his first name. He felt his body tingling at the sound of his name coming from her. He returned her gaze, trying to decide on something. Before he could determine what to do, he was startled by Hermione approaching him. She stopped right in front of Draco, looking up into his grey eyes with such intensity that he found it difficult to think or even breathe. He wanted to take a step back, to get away from her, but his body wouldn't listen. He felt rooted to the spot, unable to do anything but stare into Hermione's soft brown eyes.

,,Why have you come, Draco?" she said in a soft whisper, her eyes widening slightly, anxious to hear his answer.

,,Because of you." he finally spoke, as if hypnotized by her stare. ,,Because I thought you were in danger."

,,And why would you care if I was in danger? You made it clear it doesn't matter to you what happens to me. Why would you care now?" she pressed, feeling the injustice of her words but shaking the thought away. She had to know, she had to hear him say it.

Draco felt his heart protest in front of that unfair accusation. Hasn't he shown her that he cared, that he was worried about her? Hasn't he, many times over, tried to keep her away from harm? How could she sit there in front of him, with those big, entrancing eyes, accusing him of not caring? He let out a huff of indignation and before his mind was able to process, his heart opened up to her, as he blurted out a confession he had been keeping hidden even from himself.

,,I like you, Hermione Granger." Draco finally said, feeling the truth of those words in every fiber of his being.

Hermione's breath caught in her throat. It was as if that was the very thing she wanted to hear from him. Taking Draco completely by surprise, she raised both arms, encircling him around the neck. She brought them closer and placed her lips onto his.

Draco's mind went black for a second, unable to fully register what was happening. Until, Hermione's body pressing against his, her smell and touch, all this invaded his senses. He picked her up and kissed her back as if his life depended on it. After moments that seemed like hours to him, he slowly let her down, but still keeping her close to him, a protective arm laced around her waist.

,,Do you think that 'like' can ever transform into love?" Hermione asked him, a small but warm smile forming on her lips.

,,I think it already has." Draco answered, smiling in return.

For once, smiling felt effortless to him. It didn't feel strained or fake, but natural and willingly given. And he felt something else that was quite new to him. He felt happy. He felt his heart light, but full at the same time, full of Hermione, full of an emotion he never knew he would ever be given the chance to feel. His heart was now full of love for her.

,,I like you too, Draco Malfoy." He heard Hermione whisper against his lips.

Thank you all for reading this story! And there you have it...the last and final chapter. I hope you liked it and felt the closure I wanted to give them. Nothing too flamboyant, but rather a tender kind of ending, in which they both finally face their feelings for each other. Where would that lead them you may wonder... well that is for them to decide ;)