☕️48☕️

That voicemail was probably the worst thing I have ever done. But it was necessary. Mom and Rory tried to comfort me but there was nothing really to comfort me about.

Grandma was pissed off about Atlantic City although Grandpa liked it.

"What's next I wonder Richard? Going to Tahiti drinking off people's bellies?" Grandma grumbled.

"Emily, I can assure you that there won't be any belly shots in our future," Grandpa told her. "And the awful gifts," she shuddered.

"I actually got one for the three of you," Grandpa told us, handing us boxes. It was a mini roulette wheel. "Aw it's cute," I smiled.

"Have you guys read Rory's articles?" Mom asked them. "Of course, we've read them all," Grandma told her. "Fine work Rory," Grandpa added.

"We're having them laminated," Grandma smiled proudly. "Heather..anything new in your life?"

"Not really," I admitted. "How's that boyfriend of yours?" Grandma asked me.

I had that deer in the headlights look on my face. "Uh..about that."

"It's obvious they split up," Grandpa pointed out. "What happened?" Grandma looked sad. "Long distance wasn't working," I murmured. "How long have you been separated?" Grandma wondered.

"A week," I sighed. "Mom, she's upset just leave her alone," Mom begged her.

***

The phone wouldn't stop ringing all morning and we heard the voice messages piling in on Wednesday afternoon.

All.

From.

Jess.

He was pissed. Beyond pissed. Demanding an explanation.

"You going to Yale for the day?" Andrea asked me. "Should I see if he leaves any more pissed off messages?"

"Yes and no point, it'll all be the same boat," I said and I climbed out the window. "One day you'll use the door," Andrea teased me. "Never," I smirked. "Once I'm sixty I will."

I climbed down the ladder and I got into my car and drove away. After an hour and a half on the road, I parked outside of Yale and I fed the metre before walking inside.

Rory waited outside for me. "I think this is the first time you're seeing Yale," she said excitedly. "We have reserved seats!" I said happily .

"Well, I am on the press and I got a plus one for my evil twin," Rory boasted. We sat down and we waited for the show to start. "Jess has been trying to call me all day," I told her. "Is he pissed?" she wondered.

"Bruce Banner," I quipped. Rory winced. "Sorry Hezzy."

"It's fine, the calls will die down eventually," Believed they would anyway.

"College journalism is tough, I peaked in high school but here, Doyle thinks I suck," Rory sighed. "Then tell Doyle to shove it up his ass," I suggested.

We watched the ballet, which lasted a couple of hours. "Well that freaking sucked," I muttered. "What are you going to write?"

"Dunno," she shrugged. "I'll give you a quote, the curtain came down too slow," I laughed. "Evil," Rory laughed, swatting me with her notebook. "Will I show you the dorm?"

"You might as well," I nodded. We headed to suite five where a girl was curled up on the armchair.

She looked up at me and gasped. "Rory, you have a clone!"