~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻 ~

Start from the beginning

Hermione was screaming, Ron was yelling and Lina was quiet in shock, didn't know what to do, she could stop it, but she was scared she would hurt someone, she felt so distraught, her hands covered her mouth and eyes went wide.

There was a blinding flash as the wands in Black's hand were sent into the air, a jet of sparks which missed Harry's face by inches. Harry began punching Sirius anywhere he could reach.

One of Black's free hand found Harry's throat "no" he hissed "I've waited too long."

Lina took a step forward "dad!"

Sirius's grip loosened, his daughter was here he reminded himself. Before he could do anything else Hermione swung at Sirius, he let go of Harry with a grunt of pain, Ron threw himself on Sirius's wand hand, the wands went rolling away, Harry went to grab them but Crookshanks sunk both his claws into Harry's arm. Harry shook the cat off but Crookshanks now darted for the wands.

"NO YOU DON'T!" Harry roared and aimed a kick at him, Crookshanks leapt aside spitting, Harry snatched his wand and turned to the tangled bodies "get out of the way."

Hermione gasping for breath and lip bleeding scrambled aside snatching the leftover wands, Ron crawled to the four-poster bed and collapsed onto it, both hands were clutching his broken leg.

"Are you going to kill me, Harry?" Sirius asked.

"Harry" Lina whispered, for a moment Harry had forgotten she was there "please don't kill him, I know he's done bad things but please he's my dad."

Harry still with his wand pointed at Sirius's chest looked at Lina "he killed my parents."

"I don't deny it," Sirius said very quietly "but if you knew the whole story-"

"The whole story" Sirius repeated, "you sold them out to Voldemort, that's all I need to know!"

"You've got to listen to me," Sirius said with urgency "you'll regret it if you don't know... you don't understand."

"I understand a lot better than you think, you never heard her, did you? My mum trying to stop Voldemort killing me and you did that, you did it."

Before anyone could say another word Crookshanks streaked past Harry and planted himself firmly on Sirius's chest, Harry tried to move the cat but Crookshanks just sank his claws into Sirius's robes.

Harry raised his wand.

"Harry," Lina said softly "I know you hate me and probably don't want to hear what I have to say but killing him won't make you feel better. I'm not saying this for his benefit I'm saying it for yours, killing him, you'll never forgive yourself, you think you will and at first you might but then give it time and what you actually did will hit you and you won't feel the same."

Harry's arm wavered but then a new sound sounded. Muffled footsteps echoing through the downstairs.

"WE'RE UP HERE" Hermione suddenly screamed, "WE'RE UP HERE - SIRIUS BLACK - QUICK."

The footsteps thundered upstairs and before anyone else could move, the door burst open and Remus came flying onto the room his own wand raised. His eyes flicked around the room, to Ron lying on the floor, Hermione cowering next to the door, Harry standing above Sirius with his wand raised, Lina standing by Harry eyes watered with unshed tears and then to Sirius himself, crumpled and bleeding at Harry's feet.

"Expelliarmus!" Remus shouted.

Harry's wand flew out of his hand as did the three Hermione was holding. Remus caught them all and moved so he was standing before Sirius.