Chapter Forty-Eight: The Parting of Ways.

Start from the beginning

Forcing herself to burst into tears once more, Elysian was smirking behind her hands as Fudge began digging into Dumbledore about Tom being back. These conversations stopped once Madam Pomfrey returned from her office and saw Elysian sobbing, she quickly shoed everyone out of the room and rushed off alongside Professor Snape to get some more potions for her.

"I'm sorry I left you there," said Harry gently.

He quickly abandoned his own bed and rushed to cuddle Elysian and make her feel better.

"Do you really not remember it? Seeing him? The Death Eaters?"

"I really don't," said Elysian, her voice shaking. "Every time I try and remember it... it's like there's nothing there... maybe I was obliviated?"

"That would make sense... but why would he do it to you and not me?" asked Harry.

"Maybe because he wants to destroy your credibility? Or Dumbledore's? maybe he was planning on it? I don't know, Harry... I just don't know."

"Sorry. I guess I'm still beating myself up over the fact I left you there... with him... with a man-eating snake wrapped around your leg."

"If it's any consolation, since I don't remember it, I don't remember that you left me."

But I do remember that you've betrayed me.

"Do... do you think you can stay? At least until I fall asleep?" asked Elysian, her voice mimicking that of a small child.

Harry, of course, nodded and gently moved the pair of them so that they were lying down next to each other. Elysian snuggled into his chest and fell asleep with dreams filled with the success of her plans.

~EP~

The train ride was rather sombre – well, for the rest of the train, the Slytherin cars were practically celebrating the return of their Lord. Elysian's reputation had risen to new levels upon the revelation that she had been present for Tom's resurrection. Loads of the other Slytherins were constantly passing by her compartment, showing respect and wishing her luck in future endeavours.

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" asked Blaise, quietly when they were alone.

"No, he didn't do anything other than help me make it look like I'd been kicked around," said Elysian with a smirk.

Blaise nodded, wrapping her up in a tight hug as he kissed her forehead. They remained like that for a few moments before they were forced to release each other and return to their compartments. It hurt that they had to resort to hiding in the bathroom of the train so they could see each other but Elysian couldn't risk him getting hurt. Especially since she had no idea who had caused their break up in the first place.

Once the train came to a stop, Elysian was escorted off of the train by Draco and Daphne. Harry waved at her from across the platform and Elysian sent him a wave back – if only to keep up appearances – as she was led towards where Sirius and Remus were waiting.

"Hello pup," said Sirius, hugging her tightly.

Remus gently patted her head and smiled. The three of them were quick to leave towards the Floo network and return to Grimmauld Place where Lady Black was waiting to greet them.

"Hello sweetie," said Lady Black from her frame, "Sirius told me what happened, are you alright?"

"Yep, I'm better than alright. He's back."

"Indeed, I am," Tom's voice echoed from the kitchen.

Elysian grinned as he came out of the kitchen and stood in the hall. His snake features were in place and he seemed three times as intimidating as Elysian could ever have thought him to be.

"What are you doing here, my Lord?" asked Elysian.

"We called him here," said Sirius.

"We wish to pledge our allegiance to the Death Eaters," explained Remus. "Dumbledore needs to be stopped."

Tom smirked, returning his features to those she had seen in the graveyard, and motioned for Remus and Sirius to come towards him.

"I shan't give you the Dark Mark," said Tom, "but I shall make you swear an oath of loyalty to my cause and the destruction of Dumbledore."

Sirius and Remus were quick to swear on their magic and soon the four of them were settled in the parlour, drinking tea while Kreature and Dobby served them. Tom was explaining the plans for the future whilst his elves popped between Grimmauld Place and Riddle Manor, checking books and borrowing the ones Tom wanted.

"As much as I have enjoyed this, I must depart and I require Elysian to join me," said Tom after a while.

Elysian was happy to join him and waved a quick goodbye to her guardians before Tom apparated them to Riddle Manor. He didn't speak as they arrived, instead motioning for her to follow him down into the dungeon where... James and Lily were chained to a wall.

"What?" gaped Elysian in shock.

"I had some of my Death Eaters pick them up before they arrived at the station. I apologise for the deception but I need to make sure you're devoted to the cause. Therefore, I want you to kill them, and prove that you're one of us."

Lily and James were yelling at her now, telling her to help them. They couldn't even remember her name. Elysian stepped into the cell with her wand in hand, knowing that Tom was watching from behind the closed door.

"Don't just stand there girl, help us!"

Elysian growled, stunning them both in an instant. She grinned, finally realising that she had power over her oppressors and moved closer.

"This is the beginning of the end, Potters, and I can't wait to watch you burn! Don't worry, I'll take good care of Harry for you."

"AVADA KADAVRA!"

Note: this is the end of Book 4: The Goblet of Fire. The next few chapters will take a while to post since they're going to be a lot more complex. I hope you all enjoyed it and I can't wait for the next one.