𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲

Start from the beginning

"Really...?! That's the truth, ain't it...?! If nobody else is gonna name themselves... then yeah, I'll believe it!"

"Wait, please! I'm... the Keymaster!!"

"What'd you say?!"

"Huh... so that's how it is... miss Sara."

"That's... my line, Sou."

"According to Miley's explanation, there's only one Keymaster... I didn't imagine you'd tell a lie like this."

"What's going on?! Is one of the two lying?!"

"This makes no damn sense...!!"

❖ ❖ ❖

"Hey, hey. Settle down, everybody. Listen, the roles written on the cards only really become important come the final vote. First of all... our priority is looking for suspicious characters... really might be someone on the side of the kidnappers lurking, after all."

"...Think we jus' gotta choose the most suspicious, least cooperative person here. I've already settled on my pick..."

"Huh...?!"

"Curse me if you wanna! I... Gonbee!! I'm votin' fer you!!"

"...What about it?"

"Say what?!"

"Mwahaha... do what you like."

"D-Dumbass! What're you talking about?! That means... you'll die!"

"You're the fools... just think for a second."

"How do you mean that...?"

"This vote shouldn't be focused on one point."

"Indeed, this is the preliminary vote. If we were to unanimously vote for Mr. Gonbee..."

"Gonbee would be our only chance for the final vote..."

"Oh man... and if Gonbee is the Sacrifice or the Keymaster...!"

"We're all done fer?!"

❖ ❖ ❖

"I've... resolved an answer."

"Q-Taro..."

"Lettin' this end in silence's the most inane plan we could take. That's why I'm gonna say it. In all our searchin' and discussions... who were the biggest burdens, an' the most weak...? Kanna, Y/N, Gin, Nao... I'm talkin' about you four."

"...!!"

"You couldn't...!"

"Are you shittin' me?! You think YOU ain't gonna get picked just cause you've got strength?!"

"Then go ahead and vote for me!"

"Wha..!?"

"Vote what your will tells ya!! If ya think I'm useless, then take responsibility and kill me, Reko!! That's what I mean by resolve!!"

"........."

"...Nao, Y/N, Gin, Kanna! Tell him! Use your words... to prove your worth!!"

❖ ❖ ❖

The Main Game and it's harsh discussions continued on for much longer than you had originally expected, but since the author doesn't feel like fitting a whole two-hour debate into one chapter, like all things, it ultimately came to an end. So many things had been revealed during this distressing time period. Sou's true personality had been exposed, and Gonbee had been revealed as Alice Yabusame, Reko's brother. The remaining 11 people stood still as Sue Miley walked into the middle of the room and announced that your discussion time had run out, and it was now time to vote.

You held your breath in discomfort as you unwillingly voted. The Laughing Doll displayed the results and revealed the final victim of this sickening game.

Kai Satou.

The long-haired man stayed silent, casting his gaze upon the ground.

Sou looked off to the side, "That's too bad... you lose, Kai."

"...I understand. So long as you may be the Sacrifice, choosing you is risky..." Kai solemnly spoke.

"It's more than that. If you picked me with emotion... that would be your will. But everyone chose with logic... awful, isn't it?" A grave look painted Sou's face, "...This isn't about our own wills! That's what everyone's telling themselves- how they're fooling themselves."

"I'm sorry...!! I'm sorry...!! I'm sorry..." Nao cried out with tears in her eyes.

The fudge-themed doll that stood in the middle of the room giggled, "Eheehee. Now, everyone, enjoy yourselves as I check your answers! First, the Sage! You were right everyone! It was Kai Satou!"

"..."

"Next, the Keymaster! Eheehee, the fierce battle between you two was a true sight to see! Amazing! It was Sara Chidouin!"

"No... Stop it..." Sara desperately pleaded.

"Aaaand! The Sacrifice! The one who dies with objective incomplete isss..."

"Please...!!"

Miley happily smiled, "Tadaaah! It was Jou Tazuna!"

"..."

"Haha... Ha..." The brown-haired boy forced a smile onto his face, "Well... what to say..." He trailed off. Joe glanced around the room at everyone's sorrowful faces, unsure of what to make of the situation. He knew that it would come to this, but... it just felt so surreal.

"Guys... " He quietly apologized, "Sorry for tricking you..."

"D-Dumbass!! What're you sorry about?!" Q-Taro achingly shouted at him, "You... 'cause of us, you... you...!! Don't you feel bitter?!"

"I dunno... I dunno..." Joe smiled through, "I mean... I just can't see you as bad guys... even Sou and Alice... must be good people, really..."

A sinking feeling in your stomach emerged as you stared up at the optimistic boy. Why did it have to be Joe...? Such a positive person... this 'game' is truly sickening...

Joe stepped over to Sara, who looked like she was about to pass out from nervousness. He whispered a few words to her, causing tears to appear in her eyes. The usually confident and mature girl that you had learned to look up to quietly sobbed at the sight of Joe's forced-smile.

"Yes, yes, it's over already. Eheehee," Sue Miley blatantly interrupted, "Kai Satou, chosen by vote, will be the main event. Whereas you're the opening act. Hurry up and die," She commanded Joe.

Sara sniffled, "Wait...! Wait, Miley..."

"Come, Wrigglers!" Sue Miley shouted. Long, sharp pipes slithered out from all sides of the room. "Suck all the blood from Jou Tazuna!!" She cackled gleefully. Before anyone had time to react, the sharp pipes roughly injected themselves into Joe's body. "Gah..!! Ghah...!!" Joe painfully shouted. "AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa.. aa...!!" Sara shrieked in terror at the horrifying sight of her best friend. "Please!! Miley!! Stop this!!" She cried out in desperation, "I'LL DO ANYTHING!! I'LL DIE IN HIS PLACE!! So... so... SAVE JOE!! PLEASE HELP HIM!!"

"Awww, how cute, Sara! Ahaha." Miley giggled as if this was the most adorable thing in the world, "Why not? I'll give you a chance." Sue Miley pulled out a small device and handed it to the crying girl. "Eheehee. This button will slow the device connected to Jou Tazuna," She explained. "Just keep pressing it! The device will be slowed the more you press, and maybe even stop!"

"G-Give me that!!" A look of hope flashed across Sara's face as she quickly seized the object form Miley's hand. Miley snickered, "Now, keep mashing that button. Maybe you'll save him? Heeheehee..."

You watched in fear as Sara mashed against the button with all of her might. You cowered against Nao, who shared the same look of horror on her face. A faint clicking sound could be heard as Sara continued hastily mashing the button, but it seemed like nothing had been working. Joe's body went limp, and the pipes had finally stopped sucking the blood out of his corpse.

Sara dropped the button and covered her mouth in terror.

Joe had expired.