Chapter Twenty-Eight

Začať od začiatku

~~

"You look beautiful." Addison smiled at her dad as she tucked the hairpiece behind her ear. 

"Thanks, dad." Addison grinned, smoothing out the fabric of her red dress as she nervously tapped her foot against the floor. "My date'll be here soon."

"Oh!" Jennifer cooed, "What's his name?"

"Ha!" Addison laughed, clearing her throat immediately after when her mom gave her a confused look. "Um, uh, it's actually, uh.. a her. Yeah, um, Max. Yeah, you know Max? Yeah, we-well. She's my date this year. Kind of a shocker, I'm sure. I-If you need to sit down, I get it. But, uh.. Well, um.. Yeah, yes. She's my date so-so if you guys could... Be nice, that'd be super great. Please."

Jennifer's jaw dropped as she shared a look with their parents, "You're a lesbian?"

"No! No, no, no. Well.. Kind of. No." Addison shook her head quickly. "I-I just.. Um.. You know, yeah. Uh.. Girls."

"Girls." Her mom muttered, "Huh.. Girls.. That makes sense.. A lot of sense, actually."

"Girls." Addison nodded slowly, suddenly becoming fearful of how Jennifer and her dad would react. 

"Max!" Her dad suddenly shouted, startling the teen girl. "Max Mayfield! I know Max."

"Oh, thank God!" Addison mumbled. "I-I thought you were gonna hate me! I-I even had a whole back up story planned out about how we were making a pact about not needing or wanting a boyfriend, which I guess is kind of true, because who really needs a boyfriend anyway? Sorry, dad-"

The sound of the doorbell ringing cut Addison's sentence off short. Her heart skipped a beat as she turned her head to look at the door. "She's here."

"Well, let her in!" Jennifer insisted, causing Addison to quickly stand from the couch and walk over to the door quickly. 

"Max.." Addison grinned, her smile widening when her eyes landed on the flowers she held. "You look so beautiful."

Max's cheeks reddened and her face lit up, "Only for you.. Be-because girls shouldn't have to dress up for b-"

Addison giggled, sliding her hand into Max's and pulling her inside the house. "They know. It's okay, honey."

"Oh, okay." Max nodded quickly as she glanced over at Addison's dad, "In that case, you look... just.. wow. You look so good, babe."

Addison blushed, lifting the flowers to her face and smiling. "Thank you."

"Here." Jennifer said, taking the flowers from Addison's hands. "I'll take these. mom's getting her camera.. So.. Be ready."

"Oh no." Addison sighed, "Get ready, Max. We might be here all night and end up  missing the dance."

"As long as I'm with you, I don't mind." 

~~

Addison smiled as she looked around the carefully decorated room. She swayed to the beat of the music playing over the loud speakers. Her eyes trailed over the dancing students as she searched for her girlfriend. She quietly sang along to the song as she took a sip from her punch. A grin formed on her face when her eyes landed on Max's firey hair. She slowly walked over, weaving in and out of the crowd of dancing teenagers. "Max!"

"Addie?" Max grinned, "Hey, spaz."

"Let's go dance." Addison gestured to the ceiling, "Please?"

Max nodded happily, sliding her hand into hers. Electricity shot through Addison's veins as she pushed the gym doors open. "Come on. I had Robin help set this up."

"Quite the romantic are we, spaz?" Max teased, causing Addison to blush as she led her through the eerily empty halls. She nodded her head as she quietly pushed open the door to the roof. 

"Sh.. sh. sh" Addison shushed as Max began to laugh. Max struggled to apologize through her laughter. Her laughter silenced when her eyes landed on the small dance area Addison had set up for them with Robin. The chilly air nipped at their exposed skin, but neither of them cared. They were too caught up in one another to even notice the cold winds.

"Woah.." Max stammered, her eyes widening as she looked around the roof. "How did you.."

"Turns out Robin's more romantic than she looks." Addison shrugged as she glanced around the fairy lights displayed on the roof. She leaned down, pressing a button on the boombox. A grin spread across both of the couple's faces as the song Can't help falling in love began to play.

"May I have this dance?" Addison asked, a cheesy grin spreading across her face as she extended her hand to Max. 

Max giggled, slipping her hands around Addison's waist as the shorter girl draped her arms around Max's shoulders. Addison grinned up at her girlfriend as she slowly swayed back and forth to the music. 

Max's eyes sparkled as she looked down at her girlfriend, "I'm so lucky to have you."

Addison blushed, standing on her tippy toes to reach Max's lips. Her eyes fluttered shut as the familiar taste of cinnamon flooded senses. She smiled into the kiss as she pulled Max's body closer to hers. 

Max slowly pulled away from the girl's lips and rested her forehead against Addison's. Breathy laughs left their lips as she gazed into her eyes. "You're the most amazing person I've ever met."

"I love you more than anything." Addison grinned, resting her head against Max's chest as they swayed to the music playing from the boombox.

"And I love you." Max replied, planting a kiss on Addison's head as the song to Frank Sinatra's Fly me to the moon. In that moment, dancing with Max on the rooftop of the school, everything felt perfect. 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ A/n: This was the final chapter. I hope you all enjoyed! I'm gonna miss Addison so much :( I'm even starting s3 for my steve fic so soon and its all so fast wow,,,, love you guys! }

{ Edited: No }