Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"For?" Addison pressed, crossing her arms and shifting her weight from one foot to the other. Mike sighed, pursing his lips as he shifted uncomfortably under the gaze Addison held on him. 

"For everything." Mike finally answered after a long moment of silence. "For the shit I've said to you, and the things I've done.. For making you feel like you couldn't be open with Max because of me. For making you have to hide yourself.. For pretending you didn't even fucking exist that one summer.. For blowing you off and treating you bad. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Addison."

Addison rose one eyebrow, uncrossing her arms and letting them fall limp by her side. Mike sighed, shaking his head as he raised his head to meet eyes with her, "You didn't deserve anything I did to you, and.. I was a shitty friend, a really shitty friend, and.. You deserve better."

"Thanks, Mike. Really." Addison nodded, blinking slowly. She inhaled sharply, fiddling with her fingers as she looked behind him. An immediate bright smile crossed her face when her eyes landed on Max. Mike looked behind him to see Max, a ghost of a smile blessing his features as he turned back around to look at her. 

"Go.. Talk later?" Mike said, smiling as he watched his best friend's face light up with joy at the sight of her girlfriend. Addison nodded mindlessly as she walked past him and entered the house with Max. Mike let out a sigh as he watched her disappear into the house, regretting all the hurt he's put her through. He hated the fact that he drove away his best friend

~~

Addison tightened her grip on Max's hand as she watched Jonathan place the final box in the moving van. A disappointed sigh left her lips as she turned her attention to Eleven and the Byers, sadness written across her face as she pulled her hand from Max's. 

"Addie." Eleven frowned, her eyes saddening as she saw the tears threatening to spill from her innocent eyes. "Don't cry."

"I-I won't!" Addison's voice raised in pitch as she struggled to hold back the oncoming wave of tears. "I won-won't.."

Eleven's eyes softened as she reached forward pulling her into a hug. Addison squeezed her eyes shut as she rested her chin in the crook of Eleven's neck. "I'll call.. All the time. Is that okay?"

"That-That's more than okay." Addison mumbled, slowly pulling away from Eleven and resting her hands on her shoulders. Eleven grinned, reaching up and wiping the tears from her cheeks. "Thank you for being my first real girl friend."

Eleven sent her a small smile as she slowly pulled her arms away and moved to hug her other friends. Addison sighed, reaching up and wiping away the tears from her cheeks. 

"Will.." Addison muttered, moved to face the now much taller boy. Tears slipped from her chocolate colored eyes as she stared at him. "I'm gonna miss you... So much."

Will cracked a smile as he looked down at his feet, "I'm gonna miss you more."

Addison felt a tear slip down her cheek as she crashed into Will's arms. Tears began to pour down her face like waterfalls as she tightened her grip on the fabric of Will's shirt. "Yo-you're gonna call me. Ev-Every single day, right?"

"Wouldn't miss it." Will sniffled, resting his chin on Addison's head. 

"I love you, Will." Addison muttered, a sad laugh spilling from her lip as she patted his chest. "I'm getting your shirt all wet, I'm so sorry for that."

Will smiled, pulling away from her and looking down at his best friend. "Don't forget me, okay?"

"I won't." Addison shook her head, "I promise."