An Unexpected Connection

"Ugh! Damn this homework! Why does maths have to be so hard?!" Y/N raged to herself, staring at the piece of paper before her on her bed. She was staring so intently at her homework that if a person walked in, they would think she was trying to make it burn up on the spot with the anger focused from her eyes. It had been half an hour, and she was still stuck on these maths questions. She must admit, it wasn't her brightest subject, despite being pretty smart. She took a deep breath, calming down since she wasn't one to lose her temper very easily. Putting her pencil down, she heaved herself off of the bed and trudged downstairs, deciding that now would be a good time for a break. Well, by break she meant getting a few of her chores over and done with, if that could even count as one.

Downstairs, she was just filling the sink up with water, getting ready to tackle some of those disgusting, dirty dishes, when she looked out the kitchen window to the world outside. The bright blue sky, partially tinted with pink as the blazing sun went down, looked so beautiful and peaceful that she couldn't help but get lost in its colours. The grass was so green and moist-looking, the trees swayed gently with an evening breeze, and with the colours of cars passing down the busy street it all combined to make...inspiration. Yes, Y/N thought. This was inspiration. Quickly turning off the tap before the sink overflowed, Y/N hurried outside, desperate to make the use of this captivating scene.

 Now, what many people didn't know about this hard-working girl was that she loved to write, and she found her motivation in nature. So, grabbing a notebook and pen that had been left on the table outside for this very reason, she sat down on the porch steps and breathed in some of the refreshing, cool air that always gave her peace of mind. A few seconds later, Y/N put her pen to her paper and started to write the first thing that came to her. Quite a few minutes later, her train of thought was disrupted by a single question. "Do soulmates exist?" Shocked that such a random thought would come to her head, and right when she was in the perfect state of mind too, she found the only thing she could do was to reply to her own mind. No, I don't believe they do, she thought to herself, and right when she was about to continue writing, a loud "What the heck?!" was heard in her head. Flinching, she wondered who could've yelled that in such a serene moment. But when she looked around, there was no one there. Confused, she slowly lowered her head when she heard the same voice. "Who was that?!" It said. Bolting her head upright, Y/N again found that there was no one there, until a thought occurred. That voice is coming from inside my own head! She thought to herself. Then, shaking her head, she whispered, "I must be going mad". But then, the same voice appeared again. "That voice is coming from inside MY own head!" It exclaimed. Y/N was scared. Was she having a conversation with herself inside her own head, and scaring herself? Then she realised something. 

That's not my voice, she thought to herself. "What do you mean that's not your own voice? You definitely aren't my voice!" It said. Y/N was freaking out now, and she could tell that whatever was inside her head was freaking out as well. This was not the kind of thing she was thinking of when she was wishing for something different in life! Finally, Y/N came up with the most logical thing that she could do.

Who are you? She asked the voice. The voice made a sort of shocked noise, but then answered, "Pearce Joza". Wow, she thought to herself. That is not what I was expecting at all. Then, "Pearce Joza" said, "What do you mean this is not what you expected? Surely this can't be real. Who are you?" Y/N considered his request for a moment, then replied, in her head, of course, Y/N L/N. And I didn't expect Pearce Joza to be talking to me from inside my own head. She replied. It felt so weird talking to someone through her own head. "Well Y/N, it's...nice to meet you, I guess. Though I've never exactly met someone by talking telepathically before. Is this a usual for you or..." 

Y/N giggled slightly, though she was sure that Pearce couldn't hear her since it wasn't in her head. No, this isn't a usual thing for me, she replied. I'm just as shocked as you are, really. I mean, I'm having a conversation with my favourite actor in my head. I'm half thinking it's a dream, to be honest. Y/N sighed to herself. If it was a dream then that would be a relief because she wouldn't have really gone mad, but it'd also be slightly disappointing because, well, she couldn't admit it in her head anymore but she did have a slight crush on the brown haired teen. 

"I'm your favourite actor?" Again, Pearce's voice cut into her head, and it sounded as if he was smirking. Y/N rolled her eyes, a small smirk etching its way across her own face. Yeah, I suppose so, she replied. "Cool. Nice to know I have a fan club", he said, chuckling slightly. A small laugh painted Y/N's face with happiness for a few seconds, before she told him, Yeah, I guess you do. Then silence. After a few moments of just, well, not thinking since they'd be able to hear each other, but after a momentary pause, Pearce's warm voice echoed throughout Y/N's mind again. "Hey, do you have any idea how this happened?" The question took the girl by surprise, and she answered,

I have no idea.