"Really?" he stood and strutted toward us, "Then why are your eyes so bright?"

"They aren't," despite how much I disliked him, we had grown up together and he knew how to read me.

He bent his face close to mine, "What's in your pocket?"

Before I could stop him, he reached in my jacket pocket and snatched the knife. For a second he inspected it. As his eyes fell on the crest, he dropped it suddenly, jumping back, "Where did you find that knife?"

I swooped down and retrieved the knife, "It was my brothers."

He stared wide eyed at me.

"Kyle," Seth spoke harshly.

Kyle blinked several times before turning away, "I thought I recognized it, but I must have been mistaken." He didn't turn back around, instead he head to the kitchen, "You guys should get moving, unless you want to miss your flight."

I stared at the knife in my hands and examined the crest.

"He's right," Seth touched my shoulder causing me to jump slightly, "Let's get packed."

Nodding I ignored their equally strange reactions and headed upstairs.

Even though I had the knife and satchel, I still hadn't found anything substantial about my parents and it left a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

The plane ride was filled with air sickness and a deep concern over Kyle's reaction to seeing the crest. I knew the crest from somewhere. I assumed it was from a memory, but maybe there was something more to it than I knew.

"You've been really distracted this whole flight, what's wrong?"

"Do you recognize the crest?" I sat against the window, staring absent mindedly at the thick clouds that hid the blue ocean below.

Seth shook his head, "I was also wondering about Kyle's reaction. It seemed strange that he recognized it, or at least thought he recognized it."

I didn't speak; Kyle wasn't the type of person to admit when he was wrong, about anything. The fact that he immediately admitted to being wrong made me suspicious, he's hiding something and I'm going to find out what.

"Back in the states," Seth sighed as the plane touched down on the runway.

"We were only gone for a day," his drama was amusing.

The plane bounced as the brakes engaged. From the window I would see the terminal, standing sleepily in the distance. Seth glanced sideways at me, "But it was a great trip, because you were with me."

"I'm excited to go back, although I will admit, getting away for the day was really enjoyable. Thank you for coming with me, I really appreciate the company."

"Let's get back to reality," the plane pulled up to the terminal and docked. We grabbed our bags and waited patiently for everyone to file down the hallway.

"Ash," Jade leapt into my arms as we walked out of the hallway, causing me to drop my bag.

Seth scooped it up and laughed at the girl clinging to my torso.

"I missed you too Jade," I pried her off and hugged her properly, "But we have to move, we're blocking the doorway."

She stayed glued to my waist as we made our way through the overly crowded terminal and out to the car, which sat ideally by the main entrance.

"Tell me everything," she turned around in the passenger seat as we pulled away from the curb. William, who drove since Mark was unable too, chuckled at Jade's excitement, "Did the bag offer any help?"