No means no

In Sofia's room, she and Hugo were reading books. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Enter," Sofia called.

Amber and Hildegard opened the doors and came running in.

"Whoa, where's the fire?" Hugo asked.

"Sofia, you won't believe what we found in this magazine," Amber said, showing her sister the advertisement.

"Enchanted Ointment?" Sofia read in the ad. "Disappear in only five seconds?"

"Rub the ointment on your pimples to make them disappear forever?" Hugo asked, reading the advertisement over Sofia's shoulder. "Only $35?"

"This is perfect!" Hildegard beamed. "With this ointment, we can get rid of our zits with no problem."

"Oh, boy," Hugo frowned. "It sounds like this ad has really put you under its spell."

"What do you mean?" Amber asked.

"This so-called Enchanted Ointment sounds too good to be true, which means it probably is," Sofia replied. "This sounds like a scam."

"What's a scam?" Amber asked.

"It's a scheme to cheat people out of their money," Sofia replied.

"Besides, what if this stuff has some kind of side effect that damages your skin?" Hugo asked.

"That can't happen," Amber said. "The advertisement says it'll be good for your skin."

"Sure, the ad says that, but it's to make people want to buy it," Sofia told her. "This is not worth wasting money."

"Suit yourself," Hildegard shrugged.

"Let's go ask my father, Hildy," Amber said. She and Hildegard ran off to find King Roland II, leaving Sofia and Hugo in disbelief.

"Wow, I'm really worried about what will happen when they actually do get that ointment," Hugo frowned.

"They'll end up more than disappointed, I'm sure, but we can't stop them from trying to get their hands on it," Sofia said. "We have no choice but to let it happen."

Meanwhile, Amber and Hildegard were asking Roland for the Enchanted Ointment, and they were sure he'd say yes.

"No, absolutely not," Roland frowned.

"What?" Hildegard gasped.

"Why not?" Amber asked.

"Just because the advertisement says the ointment would do all that, it doesn't mean it's true," Roland replied. "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If you want to get rid of those pimples so badly, you'll have to use Sofia's medicated face cream."

"But that takes too long to work," Amber protested.

"Some things take time and effort, Amber, and pimples are no exception," Roland told her.

"But, Daddy," Amber whined.

"Ah, this is not negotiable," Roland scolded. "Just use Sofia's medicated cream and face scrub, and that's a royal order." Then he walked off.

"So much for getting rid of our zits," Hildegard sighed. She and Amber were on their way back to the latter's room when they ran into Sofia and Hugo.

"What did Dad say?" Sofia asked.

"He said no," Amber sighed. "I don't get it."

"He's probably aware that this Enchanted Ointment is too good to be true," Hugo shrugged.

"Well, feel free to use my face scrub and ointment," Sofia said. "By the way, Clio and Taylor went home."

"What?" Amber and Hildegard gasped.

"Why?" Hildegard asked.

"Why would they leave us?" Amber asked.

"You were so busy worrying about finding a faster way to get rid of your pimples that they got tired of waiting for you," Hugo said. "I guess the Enchanted Ointment got rid of one thing you had: the company that came to see you."

"Well, like I said, feel free to use my face scrub and cream to get rid of your acne," Sofia said as she and Hugo went off.

Amber and Hildegard couldn't believe it—they were so caught up in trying to get a new face scrub or ointment that they drove away their friends.

"Wow, we were so caught up in getting what we wanted that we drove away Taylor and Clio," Hildegard sighed. "What are we going to do?"

Amber looked at the advertisement in the magazine and had an idea. "I know my father said no, but I'm going out to buy that Enchanted Ointment to get rid of our pimples," she said. "Then we can invite Clio and Taylor to come over and make up for ignoring them."

"I like it," Hildegard smiled.

"I'll buy that ointment tomorrow, and we'll use it to get rid of our pimples," Amber said.

"Okay," Hildegard nodded.

That evening, Hugo was sitting on his bed, reading a book, when his older brother, Axel, saw the look on his face.

"Something on your mind, baby bro?" Axel asked.

"Ax, if you saw an advertisement that stated anything too good to be true, you'd ignore it, right?" Hugo asked.

"Well, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is," Axel replied. "Why?"

"Apparently, Amber and Hildegard saw an advertisement in a magazine for a special ointment that'll make their acne disappear within five seconds," Hugo replied. "The ad said that it'll make the acne disappear forever."

"Forever?" Axel gaped. "That is too good to be true."

"But Roland said Amber can't get it, so I guess there's no reason to worry about what would happen if she'd gotten it," Hugo shrugged.

"He has a point," Axel agreed. "Some things take time and effort, and pimples are no exception."

"That's for sure," Hugo nodded.

Meanwhile, in Enchancia, it was bed time, and Sofia had gotten rid of her pimple completely. She'd just put on a new nightgown, and her animal friends were amazed by how beautiful it was.

"Looking good, Sof," Clover smiled.

"Especially since your pimple is gone," Mia smiled.

"It took a lot of soap, water, ointment, and elbow grease, but the results are worth it," Sofia smiled. "It's certainly better than wasting money on something as ridiculous as the Enchanted Ointment."

"I didn't know there was an Enchanted Ointment," Robin said.

"It's new, and the advertisement says ridiculous things to try to get people to buy it," Sofia said. "Dad won't let Amber get it to get rid of her acne, so she has no choice but to use my face scrub and ointment. Well, good night." She curled up in bed and fell asleep.