Chapter 2

About 10 minutes after her neighbors left, Reina shifted into her cat form, and exited the house through her installed cat door. She dashed into a bush in the next door garden, and excitedly shifted into her gnome form. The bush she hid in shook violently, since as a cat she was two thirds bigger than her gnome form. She froze as she heard a feminine voice come closer.

"I'm telling you Gnomeo, I saw something!"

"Be careful! Anything could be in there! " a male voice warned.

"Oh relax Gnomeo!" A porcelain hand reached in and pulled her out. Reina pulled back instantly, and shielded herself in fear. "Don't worry, it's going to be alright!" The female gnome told her. Reina peeked through her fingers and gasped at who she saw.

"Robin? Wait... No, that's not right! Robin is a bit older than you, are you her little sister?!" Reina scratched her head.

"No, my name is Juliet. I'm not sure who Robin is," Juliet told her .

"What were you doing in our garden?! " The blue male gnome asked her.

"I'm Reina. I live next door to you. I was just... I just... Oh boy. How I wish Lily Blue was here." Reina sighed to herself.

"Lily Blue? Who in the blazes is that?" Gnomeo asked, a little frustrated.

"Gnomeo! " Juliet admonished him.

"Someone called my nickname, Rick. Not everyone knows me that well. Only a few call me that. Someone like.. Reina?! " Lady BlueBerry asked in astonishment.

"Lillian?!" Reina asked. The two old friends gave each other a quick hug.

"Mom?! You two know each other?! How? Who is she?" Gnomeo asked, slightly confused. Lady BlueBerry looked at her friend Reina, who shook her head nervously.

"Reina is an old friend of mine." Lady BlueBerry stated fondly.

"Who is Robin?" Juliet asked. RedBrick's eyes suddenly clouded up with tears.

"She was your mother."

"Richard?!" Reina gasped in shock, now noticing the older red dressed male gnome. She looked back at Juliet and her eyes widened."Oh! That makes perfect sense now!" She turned to Juliet. "No wonder I thought you were Robin! You look so beautiful, just like her!" Reina stated. Juliet blushed Pink at the compliment. "Say, do you guys need any help? I'd be glad to be of service!" Reina offered.

"That would be most wonderful, Reina!" Lillian BlueBerry said happily. The two older gnomes began to walk away to attend another part of the garden. Juliet walked quietly up to Reina.

"Could you maybe sometime tell me more about my mother?" Juliet asked

"Of course! Robin was my number one best friend in the whole entire world! I miss her fighting spirit, her care-free and loving nature. Ah, we had some great times together." Reina recalled fondly. "She would be so proud of how well you've grown up."

"She would?" Juliet asked hopefully.

"Very much, indeed."