Chapter 1

I woke up late for work. Shit! I've slept in! I got up quickly to put on my work clothes. I hurried up to make a bagel and headed outside. It was still dusky but the sun wasn't up yet. I hated working all day. I needed that money. It paid well. I walked onto the streets. It was quiet for the most part. Birds are starting to wake up and chirp. I could feel the morning dew in the air.
"Ugh! I can't believe I slept in again!" I muttered. All I could think of was my weird random dream, and that figure. I must've had a sleep paralysis type shit going on last night. I looked up. Someone was walking in front of me.

I recognized the blonde braid behind him. I saw him yesterday night. I didn't get a good look at him. I only saw his hair and his backside. He looked rich. He had an old but modern look to him. His suit was dark blue. The back had a plaid triangle patterned in the back of his suit coat. It was interesting. He had an umbrella in his hands. Walking with it like a cane.
"Gonna keep staring?" I heard his voice say.

I was startled. "Uh what?"

He didn't say anything else.

"I was... Admiring your suit. Looks expensive." I said to the blonde. He didn't turn. But I felt his eyes lay on me when he slightly turned.
"It's old. Just a gift." He said softly.

"You have work or something?" I asked him as I kept walking.

"Something like that. I suppose." He said.
He turned. His face pale. But it was like a pretty porcelain doll pale. His hair was very elegant. Just like the rest of his attire. His hair up in a braid. Three donut like buns on top of his head. His eyes... They were that greenish blue hue color. It felt like my breath was stolen. Those eyes, Like my dream. That kid's eyes. Maybe I'm being weird, just still hooked on my dream.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Nothing, sorry. You reminded me of someone." I shook my head. "Take care." I waved off. I shouldn't have freaked out. I needed to get to work.

I finally get to work. A little late. But Bruno was nice enough to just lecture me whole heartily.

"Just, try not doing it again Mista." Bruno sighed. "I don't wanna write up ya up..." I nodded.
"I'm sorry. Thank you."
I went on my usual work. I heard the diner door bell ring. I turned. It was the blonde guy. I saw Trish guide him to a small table. Trish looked at me. I guess it's time for work.

I walked up to the blonde.
"What can I get ya to drink, to start off with?" I asked him. Avoiding his stares.
"Coffee. Black." He said bluntly. I nodded. I gave him a quick smile then went to make it. I felt Trish and Narancia behind me whispering.

"Isn't that Giorno Giovanna?" I heard Trish. Narancia nodded.
"Yeah it is!"
"He's here at our diner!" He said. I looked behind me towards them.

"I saw him a couple times before. Who is he?" I asked them.
"You don't know who he is?" Trish scoffed.
"Am I suppose to know?" I asked bitterly.
"Uhhhh yeah! He's one of Italy's most riches families! Next to my dad..." Trish whispered yelled.

"There's this whole legend behind him and his family too. A myth saying Giorno and his real father was a vampire. Lord DIO Himself!" Narancia said.

I laughed. "DIO? What are you six? DIO isn't real. He's just a stupid folks tale to keep children up at night. Vampires don't exist." I said. Narancia pouted.
"They might you ass." Narancia is only one year younger than me. He does act like a child a lot than a seventeen year old.

I made the black coffee for the blonde man now I know as Giorno.
"Here you go." I said. I placed the cup in front of him.
"Thanks..." He said. He grabbed the cup and took a sip.
"Anything else you would like?" I asked him. He shook his head.
"No. This is fine." He waved off. I walked away from him.
I sat with Trish and Narancia. Apparently no one else is in the diner except for Giorno. It was still very early. No one comes around this early. We work early to prep food and get everything ready before the sun rises.

"See... he's just drinking coffee. Not eating food. VAMMMMPIREEEE." Narancia said. I rolled my eyes. I smacked his head.
"Maybe he isn't hungry, dumb wit." I whispered to him. 

After awhile. He sipped his coffee. He did have that innocent elegant look to him. His fingers slowly reach for the cup. His pale look to him. He needed to tan or something. He put the coffee mug up to his lips. He put the cup down. I saw him look at his watch. He got up. Put his coat on and waved to me. I go up to Giorno.
"Here. The amount for the coffee." He said. His hand extended to reach my direction. His hands looked soft. I grabbed the amount he had in his hand. His fingers and his nails grazed my palm. They were soft and cold. His eyes stared deep into my soul it felt like. I nodded. "Uh. Yeah. T-Thanks." I said. I went to walk away and heard Giorno speak up.
"I've never seen you around before." Giorno said.
I turned to face him again.
"I'm around. I'm just not active like most people in Italy." I shrugged.
"I don't go out to clubs at night or drive. I come here to work and back home. That's mostly it. I just started my night shifts recently." I said.
Giorno nodded. "Ah."

I saw Narancia collect Giorno's mug but his finger slipped and dropped the mug. Everyone jumped at the sound of Narancia breaking the mug.
"Oi! You clumsy wit! Look what you did!" I yelled. I went to go pick up the mug but I got cut on my finger.
"Fuck!" I yelled. My finger started to bleed. Trish and Narancia went to the back to go get the first aid kit.
I felt Giorno's eyes on my hand.
I looked back at him. His nose twitched weirdly.

"Careful there." He said. Giorno grabbed his umbrella and grabbed his coat.
"Thank you for the service. I'll be here again soon." He said. He walked out of the diner.
I held my hand, my face became bright red.
Narancia came back with the kit.
"I'm sorry Mista!" He said as he bandaged me up.
"I'm fine. It just stings is all." I said. I looked at the window and saw Giorno walk on to the streets. His hair bouncing along with each stride.

"Ahhh! I'm happy to see Giorno again!" Trish smiled. "Its been forever!"

I get up and looked at my hand.
Then I looked at my other hand. My palm had a weird scratch mark. It left a perfect swirl on my palm. I only had the money in hand. Maybe they were from the stupid mug? Oh well. I'll be alright.