After Jane left I frantically started packing. The sooner I got from here, the better. Once the second Suitcase was packed I walked on over to where my bedside cabinet used to be and scowled once I saw that all my jewellery had just been scattered on the floor. Scooping them up I placed them on the seemingly naked looking bed. Damn them for doing all this, it was so unfair and unjust! They really did show that they didn’t care. Whilst I was packing my things there was a knock on the door, there stood none other than my little sis… well Hannah.

“Vic?”

“What do you want?” my tone was dark and flat, I needed her to hate me before I left. It’d be easier for her.

“I came to ask you a few things if that’s ok?”

“Now’s not a good time” I muttered, shoving the rest of the jewellery in one of my bags. Glancing over my shoulder I noticed she didn’t move.

“Where have you been?” she certainly was curious, who could blame her though. I would want to know where my ‘sister’ had been if she had suddenly disappeared for two months, only to appear out of the blue to talk and collect her stuff.

“Busy”

“If you were busy how come you couldn’t call us Vic?” I shrugged my shoulders in response “Answer me Vic!” I spun around and made my face as expressionless as possible

“If you must know, they left me in London”

“You’re lying!”

“No I’m fucking not, those bastards left me in London. Alone. With no money, as a means of a so called punishment because I didn’t want their stupid money for university!”

“They wouldn’t do that” she stated, I shook my head at her. This kid was so naïve and unused to the parents I had compared to her. I couldn’t tell her why, heavens no. Hannah needed a normal life with them, if that meant she had to hate me well so be it.

“Hannah, they did. End of discussion. Now if you don’t mind stepping out of the way I think Dante needs to get passed” She jumped when she realised he was there, I was so used to him appearing out of nowhere that it didn’t bother me as much anymore. He swerved around her and started to help me pack, when she grabbed my arm to spin me around.

“Where are you going? How do you know him? What’s going on?”

“Hannah, go downstairs” she said nothing but just stood there, I grabbed her by the arm and against her wishes I pushed her outside and slammed the door on her face.

   Once everything was packed, we grabbed the stuff and stormed out the door. Neither wanting to comment and neither wanting to talk to them. This was the end of this life, and the start of another. I held the box my mother gave me tightly in one arm… it felt strange, I thought I would be more upset with leaving them all, yet it all seemed very easy and effortless… like this was just the push I needed and longed for all these years.

“Are you ok?” Dante asked me, breaking the silence and my depressing chain of thought.

“Yes I’m fine. Just feeling a bit numb that’s all” I gave him a weak smile “I just found out I’m adopted, a dhampir, that my biological father is dead and my vampire mother is on the run” I chuckled “And I feel surprisingly light”

“I am surprised to be honest, if I were in your shoes I would have had a meltdown”

“I thought you might have to be honest, you looked ready to pounce in there” I looked up at him to see him roll his shoulders, he was thirsty! “Dante, what did you do?” I stopped to face him

“It’s not what you think, whilst you were packing I took a little trip and had a feast on some deer” he licked his lips “I would never harm a human intentionally, I’m not like that anymore” I let out a sigh, shook my head and we began to march onward. To the car. To home.

  I wanted it to be that simple, to just go to my new home, but as luck would have it there was someone blocking that path. She was leaning up against Dante’s car as if she were waiting. With the mood I was in, she had better clear off pretty damn quick.

“Victoria!” she squealed, acting as though we were old friends

“What do you want Serena?” I slurred

“I wanted to have a quiet word if that’s ok?” Dante groaned next to me, evidently just as pissed off as I was

“Well I don’t so could you please move?” she stuck her finger out in the air and looked around

“No, I quite like it here actually”

“Get off my car” Dante growled

“Feisty isn’t he?” she mocked

“I know why you’ve been such a bitch all these years” she raised a brow “I attacked you when I was a kid, I remember now. I had therapy for years to make me forget. But I remember now, so you can fuck off yeah? Or would you like a repeat?” he eyes widened as the words slipped from my mouth, I was surprised at myself really. For once, Serena didn’t need telling twice and soon cleared off. Putting the box in the front and the rest in the back, we slid into the car and sighed. It was over. We were finally going to head back, even if it was towards an even bigger challenge. I needed to find my mother if it was the last thing I ever did. I wouldn’t lose her too.