awkward situations; ch 4

casey was deep in thought in the middle of chemistry, about last week with izzie. that's what seemed to be on her mind all the time. little did she know, izzie was also thinking about casey, all the same times casey was thinking about her. 

     once the school day ended for both of the girls, casey sat in her room, trying to think of a way to find izzie again. it was then, she devised a perfect plan to escape with her for one more night.

     ------

     after school, casey could feel the excitement bubbling up in her stomach. she didn't know why this girl had such an impact on her, no one, not even evan, has made her feel this way. she didn't know how to describe the feeling, just a warm feeling, all over her skin and in her stomach everytime she thought of her.

     casey jogged up the gravel pathway, her heart raced as she arrived at the school. it was crowded, people waiting for the bus or their parents. she hoped izzie was still there. she stood on her tippy toes, her eyes scanning through all of the people for the one face she hoped to see.

     her heart dropped as she realized maybe izzie already left. casey looked through everyone one last time, then she gave up. she stood for a moment, hoping izzie would find her. 

     'it's useless. she's not here, just go home' she thought. she put her hands in her pockets and walked off, down the same path she came in through.

     "casey!" someone yelled after her. casey looked back, "izzie?" she spoke softly, and it was her. she was running towards casey, a smile on her face.

     "i was looking for you everywhere," casey said, "i thought you already left." 

     "i saw you, but i had to tell my dad i had to stay after school." she said with a smile.

     "so you have to go?"

     "no, i just said that to get some time with you, duh." they both chuckled.

    "wow, very badass for you." casey laughed.

     "what do you say we stop by the mall, i have money." casey suggests, izzie is hesitant at first since she's paranoid she'll see one of her family members, but shakes the feeling off.

----

     "you sure you wanna? i mean if you're paranoid then we could do something else." casey shrugs.

     "im sure. we only live once, right?"

    "who knows? maybe we've lived a million times before," casey says, izzie gives her a confused look.

     "i mean yeah, yolo." casey says, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. izzie smiles brightly, dragging casey inside with her.

     "where do we go first?" izzie says, looking around.

     "follow." casey says after a few seconds of silence. casey grabs izzies hand, dragging her toward tj maxx and spencers, leading her into tj maxx. it wasn't very crowded in there, 2 or 3 people wandering around looking at items. 

     "pick anything you want, i have 450 dollars to spare. dont ask, just leftover birthday money." casey rambles. izzie nods, feeling bad for spending only caseys money.

     "i will pay you back, promise."

     "don't, it's my offer. i can always get more money."

     "b-"

     "shut up lets shop." casey says, putting a finger over izzies lips.

     they wander around for a while, screwing around mostly.