Chapter 1: A Helpless Soul

There was a short black-haired male sitting at his desk, enjoying the peaceful room. The male was wearing a black cape that covers both of his shoulders that reaches the floor, with golden decorations on two of the corners, and a single gold chain on his right shoulder. Underneath the black cape, he wore a black jacket that has a silver decoration in the center at the top, then a smaller one at the bottom. The jacket is lined with sliver trims, and under the collar,  he has a gold band. On either side of the center decoration are gold pins, with cross-shaped ends on the inner sides. Then, he wears a white belt that hangs low on his hips, further so on his right side, with black trousers. His boots are dark grey and knee-high, with a strap around his right knee and the upper section of his shin, as well as a gold decoration next to this. On this foot, he has a strap with a gold boot over the top of the foot. He also wears a black eye-patch over his right eye, despite not needing to. This is in order to prevent people from associating him with his father and his respective reign of terror, due to their similar appearances. 

He didn't have anything to do at the moment since he was already done with the paperwork from this afternoon. He looks at the time since it was already evening. He stood up from his desk to put some of the books away that he read earlier. The male hums quietly to himself as he places the books onto where they belong on the bookshelves. There was a knock at the door then a familiar voice came behind the door, "May I come in, Your Majesty?" 

He sighs softly as he scratches his head then said, "Come in."

The unknown person entered the room, closing the door behind them, "I'm sorry to disturb you during this late. Someone wants to see if you were free tomorrow to talk about something important."

Byron turns around to see his advisor, Albert. "Who's this person who wants to meet me?" He was curious about who was this person and it seems to be serious since no one would really meet him, but told Albert about the problem. 

"You would just have to find out," Albert replied to him. 

"Alright then, thank you for telling me. In the afternoon I have some time to chat with this person." 

Albert nodded as a response then place one of his arms along his stomach then bow to him before saying, "Have a goodnight, Your Majesty. If I may be excused now." The brown-haired young male left the room then close the door after him. Byron watches as his advisor leaves the room then walks over to his desk to blow out the candles. After he has blown out his candles he exited the room, seeing the dark hallway which was lightened by some small candles. He walks slowly towards his room, thinking about what he should do tomorrow about the visitor. Byron arrives in his room, closing the door behind he knew he shouldn't be thinking too much about it.  The room was pretty dark since no candles were lightened, so he went to light a few of them before going to change into his sleepwear. He took off his eyepatch and place it on the drawer then went to change into his sleepwear. The male blew out the candles then climb into bed, staring at the ceiling for a second then close his eyes, trying to find a comfortable spot to lay. After a few minutes of finding the position he liked, he fell asleep since he has a long day ahead of him. 

In the morning, he was still asleep, sleeping in for a few minutes or so. Some of the servants came into the room to get the warm bath ready for him before he woke up. They were quiet since they knew he was still asleep. After they were done setting up the warm bath, they left the room to tell Albert that it was ready for King Byron. Albert nodded as he walks toward the king's chamber, opening the door then close it behind him. The brown-haired tall male went to the windows then opens the curtains for light to come into the room. Byron woke up from the light then sat up, yawning. Albert looks at him, "Good morning, sleepyhead." 

He yawns as he stretches then replied,  "Morning Albert. How are you today?"

"I'm doing well, how about you?" He replied