"You don't look so rough yourself, Horan."

He had on white trousers, a white blazer and a white beater underneath, cutting the fan one said his outfit with a little personality. Niall has always been humble, never one to flaunt what he had.

"So," he said, looking around, "this stuff is still kinda crazy, right? I thought after all these years I'd be used to this life, but I'm still kind of in awe."

"Honestly, I don't think I'll ever get used to this."

Niall nodded thoughtfully as we both scanned the area, absently head nodding to those we knew.

"Well," he exclaimed, "are you excited?"

Excited wasn't exactly the word I was thinking of.

"Excited?"

"Yes, Harry, excited! I mean, you're nominated tonight, how sick is that?"

Oh.

"Oh, yes of course. I doubt I'll win it but it's still definitely an honor."

"Oh please," he rolled his eyes dramatically, "you've got it in the bag, mate, everyone thinks so."

This sent a rushing blood to your cheeks as your heart beat escalated at the thought of actually winning a Grammy. It was wonderful, but also nerve wracking.

"Well I hope. But actually, I'm feeling quite...nervous."

I have Niall a look that only he could read and the Irish boy sighed, almost hesitant to plunge in this conversation.

"He knows you'll be here."

I turned to Niall, a skeptical expression on my face. It wasn't as if I expected him not to know, we were in the same industry after all. It's just...the fact that he made it a point to know, said the words out loud...that's what struck me as interesting.

"How so?" I questioned Niall, trying to keep my true curiosity at bay.

"Well," he responded frankly, "I told him. He new you were nominated, but I told him we'd have to catch up with you while we're here."

My eyes widened.

"And?"

"And," Niall chuckled as he spoke, "he said he agrees."

"Oh."

I wondered if he had only agreed to "catch up" with me for the sake of being polite.

"Oh," Niall said, looking over my shoulder, "there he is now, actually. Lou!"

The blood in my veins turned to ice as my head whipped around to spot him. He was there, just as I had been moments before, incapsulated by the flash of the camera.

Unlike me, however, he wasn't alone. A tall, lanky brunette stand beside him, his arm draped over her broad shoulders.

"Louis!"

Niall has his hands over his mouth now, calling louder. I nudged him, but he ignored me.

And then, it happened.

I saw Louis turn, half heartedly, unaware at first who was calling to him. Then, as his eyes rested on Niall, a humble smile spread across his small lips. For a moment, I could swear his eyes rested on me, a corner of his mouth twitching only a centimeter.

The moment ended as fast as it had begun, and louis's attention turned back to the photographers, now pulling Eleanor in and kissing her cheek.

My stomach churned, threatening to burst. It felt like my heart was doing gymnastics in the cavity of my chest.

So much for keeping it all in, right?

"Not so hard, right?"

I turned to Niall, an expression of disbelief on my face. I loved the man, I really did, but sometimes he was absolutely oblivious.

I sighed.

"I'll see you inside, yeah?"

Niall nodded, his smile fading just a bit.

"See you inside."

As i turned to leave, Eleanor and Louis began approaching Niall, and a part of me wanted to stay.

Part of me wanted to plaster a smile to my lips, say my hellos and look for any sign of emotion with in him.

But that part of me was too scared.