,,Granger, your cat is weird and dangerous" Draco said, returning Crookshanks's glare.

,,No, he is not!" Hermione said in a slightly offended tone. ,,He just doesn't like you very much, at the moment. I guess it's understandable so I can't say I blame him, considering..."

,,Considering our history he should be scared of me, not planning to murder me. Look at the way he's looking at me!" Draco said incredulously.

Crookshanks was just hissing at Draco, barring his sharp teeth. It was clear as daylight that he hadn't forgotten the stunning spell and Draco was sure that, if given the chance, Crookshanks would resume his attack from that night in a heartbeat.

,,Oh, he is just misunderstood" Hermione said airily, patting Crookshanks on the head. The cat stopped hissing and started purring immediately. ,,See?" Hermione said with a soft smile. ,,He just needs love and attention."

Yeah, that and a calming potion. I wonder if they work on cats.

After breakfast Draco went to his room and changed into a dark green suit, a white shirt, black shoes and tie. He sleeked his hair back and gave himself another look in the mirror before joining Hermione in the common room. He felt slightly overdressed, but he thought it might help his situation if he made a good impression. His parents taught him over the years that showing up to an important meeting looking presentable helps you win half the argument.

Hermione was waiting for him at the apparition point in front of the entrance.

,,Someone is trying hard to impress" she said raising an eyebrow at his neat appearance.

,,Shut up, Granger!" Draco snarled, straightening his tie while avoiding her eyes. He was trying to fight it, but for some unexplained reason, he was starting to feel slightly embarrassed.

Hermione shrugged and turned to the side so that Draco couldn't see her snickering.

***

They reached the hospital at 9:45. That meant they still had fifteen minutes until Draco's meeting with the Principal Healer. After leaving Draco's wand with the designated staff and finishing with all the forms and procedures, they were told to wait near the Principal Healer's office door.

Hermione was having a hard time explaining to Draco why he had to leave his wand. He was mumbling and huffing, annoying Hermione to no end.

,,It is bloody stupid, stupid and unfair. I don't see them taking YOUR wand." Draco was saying angrily under his breath, crossing his arms and glaring at everyone who passed them by.

,,I'm telling you, it's no use arguing." Hermione told him wearily. She was feeling her patience running short. ,,It is a safety procedure and nothing you do or say will change their minds about it. To be honest, it's all your fault. If you hadn't scared the living daylights out of people while you were here, perhaps they would have considered letting you keep your wand."

Draco let out an indignant huff and just when he was about to give a reply, they heard someone call Hermione.

,,Miss Granger" a voice said, coming from behind them.

Hermione whirled around looking quite surprised. The voice was that of a frail looking man, who seemed to be no older than forty. He had soft brown eyes and a patch of blond hair. He was wringing his hands and watching Hermione intently with a nervous look in his eyes.

,,Caleb!" Hermione exclaimed, recognizing the man in front of her as one of her former patients. ,,How have you been? Is everything alright with you and Tom?" she asked, remembering Caleb's ten-year-old son.

,,Yes, miss. Everything is good." the man said, giving Hermione a small smile.

,,I am very glad to know that. What can I do for you? Do you need something?" Hermione said, giving the man an encouraging smile.

,,Could I have a word with you, Miss Granger? In private."

Caleb shoot a nervous glance at Draco. Draco frowned. There was something about this man he didn't like.

,,Why not have your word here?" Draco drawled, staring Caleb down with an icy cold gaze.

Caleb flinched at Draco's voice and his eyes flickered strangely between Hermione and Draco. Draco noticed he kept fumbling with his hands nervously.

Indeed, there is something very unsettling about this man. I don't like him one bit.

Hermione felt rather than saw Draco's movement. Before he could get in front of her she raised her hand and placed it on his arm gently. Draco froze at the touch.

,,Of course, Caleb" Hermione answered the man, giving him a reassuring smile. She then turned to Draco ,,I'll see you after your meeting" she told him, giving his arm a firm squeeze.

Without waiting for an answer, Hermione gestured to Caleb to lead the way and she followed him towards the end of the hall, leaving Draco alone. With a dark expression, he watched as Hermione turned the corner and disappeared.

Who in Salazar's name was that man? Caleb, I think was his name? Perhaps he was one of Hermione patients. But something seemed off. It was like he was terrified of something. I know Granger can be scary, but I don't see her threatening her patients...

,,The Principal Healer can see you now, Mr. Malfoy" a sharp manly voice interrupted his internal rant, making Draco jump. He had been so caught up on his thoughts that he didn't hear the man approaching. Draco nodded in response and, with a last glance at the corner where Hermione disappeared to, he went into the office.

I am sure they sent a man because they are scared I might go crazy and kill everybody with my bare hands. Draco scoffed mentally, that being his last thought on the subject before his meeting with the Principal Healer began.

***

After a long, torturous hour, Draco was free to go. The same sharp looking healer escorted him into the hallway, leaving Draco in the exact same spot he took him from. The healer reminded Draco of Snape. Maybe it was because of the harsh air the man had, or his black, intense eyes, or maybe it was just because he intimidated Draco a little.

The healer turned and left without a single word, leaving Draco alone in the corridor.

Even in that he resembles Snape. Draco thought, shaking his head and leaning casually against a wall.

A good ten minutes past and he was still alone. No one passed him by, so he had no way of asking about Hermione.

Where's Granger? he thought, starting to become impatient. After all, he didn't like to be kept waiting like that.

After another minute or two, he decided to go after her. With an annoyed huff he pushed against the wall and started to walk in slow strides. Just then, he saw Hermione appear around the corner.

,,You're late, Granger" he snapped, welcoming her with a frown.

,,I'm sorry. The conversation took longer than I expected" Hermione said briskly, not really paying attention to his irritated look. "Let's go."

,,Who was that man?" he asked, losing his irritated tone but maintaining the frown.

,,Never you mind. Let's go."

And with that she turned towards the same place she just came from, Draco striding alongside her in silence. He kept shooting curious glances at Hermione until they reached the street outside the hospital. The place was packed with people and, therefore, wasn't difficult for them to find a safe place to Disapparate.

Thank you all for reading this story! I hope you will welcome poor Mr. Caleb warmly, as he is a character of my own creation.

Stay tuned for more drama between Draco and Hermione. Also, Harry and Co. will soon join the fun.