'Uthman, wetin happen? Why Madam dey pack comot?'

I ignored him as I walked back to the main house. Hollowness greeted me. I saw our family picture on the wall above the TV, Dad wasn't there. He was never there. It was just me, Moji, and Mom. Look at where your foolhardiness had brought us. You lost a wife and I lost a mother. I was just a child then and I even survived better than you. I climbed the stairs and entered my room. I managed to take off my school uniform before laying on my bed.

I want this to be a nightmare so badly.

*********

~Jade~

Uthman wasn't in school the next day. That was a first. Since SS1, I did not remember him missing school until now. What could have happened?

'What was the last thing I said, Jadeshola?'

Ehn. I stared at the Literature teacher, Ms. Adegoke. I cleared my throat and then cleared it again. The truth was I don't know. I don't even know the topic we were revising.

'This is not the time to start losing focus in class, you guys have less than three months to the start of your external exams.'

She said and dismissed me. I sat down and tried to listen but my mind kept straying. Only God knows what could be wrong. I pray he is fine sha.

During the lunch break, I went to find Akin. I had not spoken a word to him since yesterday. I was still pissed at him for reading that stupid damned letter to Uthman.

'Hey. How're you?'

I asked him once I saw him. He was in the Arts Studio, drawing as usual. He looked stunned to see me and he glanced behind him, he looked at him when he saw that he was the only one in the studio.

'Me?'

He asked, pointing his index finger at himself. I rolled my eyes. No, your invisible twin sister.

'Of course, is there someone else here?'

'Aah, you've been ignoring me since morning so I don't see why you are talking to me now.'

'What you did warranted my anger.'

He shrugged. 'I only read an innocent letter.'

I shrugged and sat down on the stool beside him.

'Why is Uthman not in School?'

He stopped painting, turn to stare at him, and burst into laughter, shaking his head in the process.

'The both of you, ehn. I don't understand you guys again.'

I heaved a sigh and rolled my eyes.

'Will you answer him or should I go and ask Daniel?'

'Michelle is the only one that knows why he is not in school.'

Hmm? I stared at him, bewildered. He burst into laughter again.

'You should have seen your expression just now. God! What a time to be alive!'

If I should kill Akin in this studio right now, nobody would know. Just do it. I smacked the back of his head.

'What? Stop hitting people.'

'You're Akin and not people so tell me, why is he not in school?'

'Dan and I just got in touch with him some minutes ago. He told us to come over after school so we'd know what's wrong with him when we get there.'