"but it's talking." yusuke points out.

blue eyes narrowed sharply. "you got a problem with that!?" morgana growled.

the blue haired teen shook his head in time with his childhood friend. "no, not really."

ryuji's eyes widened. "why not?"

"do you wish to draw me? you better bring out the best of me in that case." morgana meows happily.

yusuke hums, carefully leaning foward - much to morgana's dismay. quickly he leans back. "I was thinking about ordering some black bean jelly."

"i bet he got that idea from a 'black cat'..." ryuji mumbles.

"oh...!" yusuke blurts out, realization striking him. "i didn't bring any money."

a giggle escaped (y/n)'s lips as they rummaged through their pocket, placing money in yusuke's hand once they found a reasonable amount. "here you go!" they smiled.

a large weight sat on my shoulders as i stared up ahead. the end of the world was above me, powerful and heavy as my legs started to give out from under me.

"w-what do we do...?" a voice called out weakly from beside me. my eyes turned to my side, meeting a girl with light brown hair and brown eyes. her eyes pricked with tears at our predicament, and i reached out to make sure our fingers intertwined.

my mouth was sealed as the end crept closer and closer, though my body seemed like it knew what to do - as if it knew how to prevent this. ignoring the heavy weight resting on my body i moved so that i would be facing the girl right next to me, our eyes connected at that point in time.

"I know what i need to do." I spoke, giving the girl a sweet kiss on her cheek. leaving questions unanswered, i stood up, taking a deep breath as my body suddenly relaxed.

a hand held onto my own as i looked down, eyes meeting a hand that wasn't quite human, yet it was comforting. "you aren't doing this alone, which means you don't have to fight alone."

i feel a smile creep onto my face as i raise my finger towards the end, feeling my body float into the sky as i start to face it head on.

"w-wait!"

your eyes and your bedroom door opened simultaneously, and a pair of hands wrapped around you. (y/n)! its okay, its okay..."

your body relaxed, (e/c) eyes connecting to grey ones. "i-i..."

yusuke leaned back, allowing you to rest your read comfortably on his chest. "take deep breaths... and tell me what happened." he speaks, voice soft and caring.

you almost forgot that you let yusuke stay with you because he had no where else to go. it was the least you could do for your childhood friend.

taking a deep breath, you parted your lips to speak. "i had a dream... that the end was right in front of me. i was surrounded by people who were friendly, and we were facing it together. until i suddenly stood up... and someone grabbed my hand."

"i remember that day..."

raising your head from yusuke's chest, you were met with your mother standing in the doorway to your room. tears dotted her brown eyes as she made her way towards you, sitting on the edge of your bed.

"what do you mean miss yuki?" yusuke asked, raising an eyebrow. "you mean that (y/n)'s dream is real?"

your mother nodded. "yes. that day happened when i was your age. the end that you saw in your dream was what we call 'the fall'."

at the mention of the fall your eyes shut quickly, and you fell back into yusuke's arms.

"to be honest with you, i don't think you and your friends can prevent the fall."

my arms found their way into my pockets as i blew strands of hair away from my face. with a harsh glare i directed it to the person who spoke. it was a boy with black hair, sharp blue eyes and a beauty mark underneath his left eye.

as he noticed my glare the boy hid the bottom of his face behind the scarf he wore. "i know that you promised a life together with that girl, yukari was it?"

my glare softened ever so slightly.

"if you had a miracle with you, then you somehow might be able to prevent the end. however, if you do that, just know i'll return." underneath his scarf the boy smiled sweetly.

"whether you want me to or not."

your eyes opened yet again, and instead of finding a boy with black hair - you find your mother shaking you awake. you blinked, noting the way that your mother's eyes widened slightly.

"i don't believe it... 'just know that i'll return. whether you want me to or not'." she echoed, piping yusuke's curiosity.

shaking her head, your mother stood up suddenly. "try and get some sleep, okay? we'll talk in the morning. keep her company yusuke."