⠀⠀⠀𝒙𝒊𝒙. into the real world

Start from the beginning

⠀⠀⠀Chris was quick to leave Knox alone (which Eliza pointed out would've been helpful if she had been there). He was mistaken for Mutt Sanders', a football player with an unfortunate name, brother. He drank a little too much and found himself on a couch, squished between kissing couples. At some point, he realized that beside him, Chris had fallen asleep. His foggy mind egged him on because, if not now, then when. So he kissed her as she slept. Then, Chet Danburry noticed and beat him up in the middle of the party, with his other jockey friends helping.

⠀⠀⠀Eliza stated she would hand his ass to him on a silver platter if he ever did something like that again. Knox gulped, nodding his head.

⠀⠀⠀Knox had then stated that he would go to Chris' school and apologize for what he had done.

⠀⠀⠀The boys were ecstatic and insisted that he do so, but Eliza was wary about the idea.

⠀⠀⠀Knox turned up to Chris' school unannounced, trying to apologize. It was sweet but also a little terrifying.

⠀⠀⠀Eliza tried to talk him out of the idea, but Knox wouldn't budge on his plans. So, Eliza insisted she tag along even if he didn't want her to. Hopefully, having another girl to back Chris up against when she inevitably grew worried and uncomfortable would help. She would even drag Knox out of the school, kicking and screaming if he overstepped his bounds again.

⠀⠀⠀So, Knox and Eliza had snuck through the kitchens, where Knox had made friends with the chef, Harry, who let him sneak out through the back. They took Knox's bike, where Eliza had to stand on the back and cling for dear life to Knox's shoulders.

⠀⠀⠀When they finally made it to Chris' school, Eliza couldn't dismiss the butterflies filling her stomach nervously while Knox dropped his bike and all but sprinted into the school. Eliza rushed after him, losing him in the crowd of students, but soon found him frantically talking to a girl who looked similar to Chris.

⠀⠀⠀Eliza caught up to Knox as he turned a corner and found Chris at her locker, her mouth agape at the sight of Knox barreling towards her.

⠀⠀⠀"Is this a good idea?" Eliza asked, trying to hold him back, but he pulled himself out of her grip and made his way through the swarm of teenagers.

⠀⠀⠀"Excuse me," he mumbled to the girl standing between him and Chris. She nodded, closed her locker, and made her way to her class. "Chris."

⠀⠀⠀"Knox," Chris sighed, turning to Knox swiftly with a frown etched on her features and her eyes drifting down the hall to see if she could find Chet. "What are you doing here?"

⠀⠀⠀"I came to apologize for the other night," Knox assured her, following along as Chris pulled him out of the hall and prying eyes. "I brought you these and a poem I wrote for you."

⠀⠀⠀"Knox!" Chris exclaimed. "Don't you know if Chet finds you here, he'll kill you?" she asked, her eyes straying to the girl standing awkwardly at Knox's side. "Can we help you?" she asked softly, trying not to be rude to her but feeling exasperated by the boy in front of her.

⠀⠀⠀"Uh, no, sorry," Eliza said, holding her hand out to Chris. "I'm Eliza Keating, Knox's friend," she explained as Chris took her hand, the two shaking hands awkwardly, before pulling back quickly. "Knox was insistent on coming to apologize, and I wanted to make sure you didn't feel pressured or like he's a psycho out to get you. I promise he's not. He's just an idiot. But the second you want him gone," she stated, whistling as she pointed out the door where she'd drag Knox out.

⠀⠀⠀"And I don't care about Chet!" Knox shouted quickly. "I love you, Chris!"

⠀⠀⠀"Oh, God," Eliza muttered, running a hand over her face.