Chapter two

11:30am

The Office was in full swing by now, it seemed everyone was hard at work as you looked around. The camera crew kept catching your eye, having them around was going to take some getting used to, you wondered what was so special that would make them want to film a documentary here anyways. It was difficult to not look straight into the camera every two seconds. You looked to your left over at Jim, he was in the middle of a sales call so was in no place to chat. You looked ahead of you to see Phyllis and Stanley working away. Normally when you look up from your desk you'd be greeted with a scowl from Dwight, as if he's trying to tell you to focus on your work. Hang on, you thought, where is Dwight? You propped your chin up on your hand as you pondered. He stormed off earlier and never came back. Was he so mad that he went home? No way, that's not like him. You pushed your chair back from your desk and made your way over to Pam at the reception. "Hey", Pam beamed as you approached her desk. When you first started working here Pam was in charge of showing you around and getting you well versed with everyone. You soon discovered how much you both had in common and since then you guys hit it off. You were glad you were able to become such good friends with someone at work. "Hey Pam", you grinned, patting her desk in a little rhythm. "Watcha' got in the dish today?", you asked, eyeing up the little container of candy. "Good ol' fashioned jelly beans" Pam chimed, opening the container. "Ooh, that's what I like to hear", you both giggled as you took a little handful of jelly beans. "What was that all about earlier?", Pam asked. You shrugged and popped a bean in your mouth, "Just Dwight being Dwight, he still hasn't come back." Pam sighed and shook her head, a grin on her face. "It seemed like a pretty heated argument", she said, taking some jelly beans for herself from the dish. "Oh it could have been worse believe me when I tell you, I would have given him a piece of my mind", you ball your hands into fists and move like a boxer earning a snicker from Pam. "Alright I believe you", she giggles. "So, what were you drawing earlier?", Pam asks wiggling her brows. "Oh it was just a scribble nothing special", you say trying to change the subject. "What is this a party? You guys are busted", you hear from behind you. Whipping your head round you see Michael leaving his office and making his way towards you. "Why wasn't I invited? Are you gossiping about me?", he asks, taking the last jelly bean from your hand. "You'd like that wouldn't you?", you mutter under your breath as you watch him throw the bean in the air trying to catch it in his mouth, ultimately failing. Pam pretends to go back to work as you shift awkwardly in place, hoping he'll go away. Michael was not exactly what you'd call boss material. He was super unprofessional at the worst of times, treating his workers as friends and trying to get everyone to like him. You didn't know whether to pity him or flat out hate him sometimes. On your first day at work when asking Pam to show you around you remember him telling Pam "don't get jealous now Pam-e-la, the office is big enough for two hottie mcdotties" and then proceeding to laugh at his own joke amongst the dead silence of the room.  Fun times, you thought to yourself. "Anyways Y/N, I was meaning to have a chit chat with you anyways, come into my office won't you?", he says wrapping his arm around you and leading you inside his office. 

"Thanks for the personal escort Michael", you say sarcastically, looking into the camera. Michael laughs, "you're welcome", he pats your back and goes round to his desk sitting down ushering you to do the same. "Okay Y/N, the reason I've brought you in here is well, we're going to have to let you go" he says with a sigh, a grin spreading across his face. "No you're not Michael, you've done this fake firing gag on me on more than one occasion so tell me why I'm really here or I'm going back to my desk", you announce getting up from the chair. Michael looks to and from the camera crew and you awkwardly and then laughs to himself. "Got you!" he exclaims pointing at you. "No I brought you in here about Dwight", Michael admits. "What about him?", you groan throwing your head back. "Where the hell is he?", he asks. "I know just as much as you do.", you sigh. God he better not ask me to find him, you think to yourself. "Do me a favour, go find him will you?" he asks the inevitable. "Why me?", you question him. "Cause you're his friend right? You sit across from him." You roll your eyes, "Why would that make me his friend?", you question. "Look I don't really care if you're strangers or hard core lovers just go find him, I need my top salesman in here.", Michael utters, shooing you out. "Okay..", you mutter, leaving his office. "Be quick about it!" you hear him call as you shut his door. "Off to find Dwight", you call to Pam as you leave the office, rolling your eyes. 

As you pace round the hall you try to get into the mind set of Dwight. "If I were Dwight and had to go recollect myself after throwing a hissy fit where would I go?", you ask yourself. On your first day at work you remember trying to strike up conversation with the table. Jim was all for it but Dwight on the other hand was not. You remember asking them things like which movies do you guys like or who do you listen to, to which Dwight replied "One; I've seen more movies than years you've been alive and Two; Mötley Crüe, now go back to work" You didn't bother asking him about his interests after that, all you wanted to do was talk about movies for a bit but alas that did not happen. It was then you could hear music coming from somewhere. Was he on the roof? You ran towards the ladders near the stairs that lead to the roof and made your way up. Popping your head up the hatch you look around but see no sign of Dwight. You can however hear the music much more clearer. Pulling yourself up, you head to the edge of the rooftop to see Dwight in his car, the music blaring. "Metallica?" you groan before heading back towards the ladder. Jumping off the last step you make your way to the stairs, you figured this would be quicker, and run down them heading to the main door of the building. "Finally, one of you came to get him", you hear Hank the security guard mutter as you run past him and out the door. 

The music gets louder as you approach his car, you can see him pumping himself up, hitting the dashboard as he banged his head. "Dwight!", you shout atop the blaring metal music. You lean against the car and tap the window. "Dwight!", you shout again. Dwight finally takes notice of you and rolls the window down, looking up at you waiting for you to speak. You point at the cars radio to which he rolls his eyes and turns it down. "What?", he snaps finally. "What the hell are you doing? This doesn't look like work to me", you tease. Dwight scoffs, "of course it isn't I'm not in the office, what are you doing out here?" he asks, growing tired of you. "Nice observation Dwight, Michael told me to come get you", you admit pointing up to Michaels office window. "He did?", he asks, his tone changing, "was he worried about me or something?" he asks with a laugh. He was trying to play that off as a joke but you could tell it was genuine. Dwight wanted nothing more than to get Michaels constant approval. "Oh yeah, big time", you play along. Dwight nods, "I'll be up in a sec." He began rolling his window back up but you stopped him. "Michael told me I've not to come back empty handed" you lie. You knew that if you went back up there without him Michael would just send you back down again. "Well you can just wait there then", he says turning the music back up. You roll your eyes and lean against the car waiting for the song to finish up, tapping your foot to the beat and singing along quietly to yourself which Dwight takes notice of. "You like Metallica?" he shouts atop the music to you. "Some of their songs", you admit. Dwight nods, smiling slightly to himself. He begins singing along with you. The song went on and soon enough the two of you were jamming out together. You had to admit it was kind of fun and you hoped it would be enough to put Dwight in a good mood for the rest of the work day. 

Soon after the two of you were heading back up to the office, talking about music and other things you were both interested in, he even got onto the topic of art. "I liked the drawing you did earlier by the way" he said as the two of you left the elevator. You stopped in your tracks for a second, "O-oh you saw that?" you stuttered. "Well you said it yourself, I have the right prescription of specs", he laughed as he went back in the office leaving you stood by the door.

Y/N-talking head 

"Dwight isn't so bad I guess" you say with a shrug. 

Dwight-talking head 

"Why would I take her drawing from her desk?", he laughs. "You did not see me don't lie", he scoffs leaving the conference room.