“Oh,” the goddess sighed in relief, “okay; ladies, we may proceed!”

Loud upbeat music boomed throughout the castle’s courtyard, making the ground shake slightly. Hundreds of gods danced along, grinding their bodies into each other and others almost sucked their mouths out of their faces.

Most of them, Ariel didn’t recognize, but she paid no attention to it, for the man that had engrossed her was smiling brightly at her. Hades was dressed in a dressy black suit; he could’ve been wearing a trash bag and he’d still look as edible as he did then.

She breathed in sharply, turning to her friends for support but found that she was alone and the god of death was making his way to her. She surprisingly panicked, searching for the nearest way out, but her feet seemed glued to the ground and her eyes were captured by his.

“Wow,” he breathed, lightly caressing her cheek, “you look absolutely stunning, milady.”

Ariel giggled, feeling like a schoolgirl as he kissed her knuckles and took her hand in his. “You clean up well too, Mr. Death.”

Hades snorted, rolling his eyes as he led her through a crowd of cheering gods [Dionysus was having a chugging contest] and said, “I always look handsome, human; otherwise you wouldn’t look at me with those wide eyes all the time.”

“Puh-lease!” She scoffed, “I like looking at ugly things too!” He laughed, handing her a glass of punch and waited for her to take a sip. “This ambrosia thing, you guys drink, is so freaking delicious!”

“Yeah,” he placed the cup she had just taken back on the table, “but strong and if you drink too much, not even Dionysus will beat you in drunkard of the year.”

Ariel rolled her eyes, feeling her cheeks go warm as he took her hand in his and stood in front of her; just looking at her, with his hypnotizing blue eyes.

“Would you like to dance?”

She nodded, breathing out in relief as he looked away from her, but was surprised when he cupped her cheeks and kissed her lightly. Butterflies began to flutter in her stomach as a nervous giggle blurted past her lips and he winked down at her.

“Since I’m dancing with you,” she whispered shyly, “can I take my gloves off? I like touching you.”

He laughed, winking down at her. “Of course you do; go ahead, I don’t mind. Just don’t touch anyone.”

She nodded and placed the gloves in her clutch.

Hades placed his hand on her lower back, spinning her around in circles to the beat of the music. Ariel squealed as she recognized the song as Classic by MKTO and left Hades surprised as she began dancing freely. She moved her hips lively, laughing as she sang along and dazzled him with his beauty.

“I’mma pick you up in a Cadillac, like a gentleman, bringing glamour back. Keep it real to real in the way I feel, I could walk you down the aisle.”

The God rolled his eyes, spinning her back into his chest and brushed his lips past her earlobe as he whispered, “That’s being a gentleman? I’d pick you up in my chariot.”

She laughed; loving the feel of his muscular arms wrapped around her waist and threw her head back as they continued dancing the night away.

“You know,” he mumbled into her hair after the hundredth song they had danced to had ended, “I was really against having this celebration thing after the threat they sent us, but I’m glad I did. It was fun.”

Ariel grinned, wrapping her arms tightly around his shoulders and kissed his chest, “I had a lot of fun too and I’m glad you decided to-” She frowned, pulling up away from him and said, “Hades, what’s wrong?”