“If this doesn’t knock Hades’ off his feet,” Athena began, “then I don’t know what will! You look stunning, Ariel!”

She blushed, feeling more admired than she had ever felt in her life. “You guys did it all so you should be patting your backs.”

“I think I will do just that,” Adrianne laughed, spinning in front of her to show off her lovely green cocktail dress. “How do I look?”

“You know,” Aphrodite began thoughtfully, “when Hermes told me that he was interested in you, I thought it was because he’s interested with anything that has a beating heart and legs,” Adrianne blushed darkly, “but I must say; you are pretty gorgeous! You must be one of my descendants.”

The four women laughed, joking on about how stunning they all looked. Even Athena, who was mostly modest and not searching for a counterpart, looked beautiful in a black V-neck dress with a revealing slit down her left thigh.

Aphrodite managed to make a curtain with cat hairballs look fashionable; she wore a golden chic mermaid dress that hugged her curves tightly, but not in an inappropriate look. She managed to add an almost elegant look to it, looking like the true goddess she was.

“When Hephaestus sets his eyes on you, he’s going to have a heart attack!” Athena laughed, shaking her head in disbelief.

Aphrodite winked in return and flipped back her luscious long hair. “When doesn’t he? I mean, I am the goddess of beauty!”

“Yeah,” her sister laughed, “but not the goddess of conceitedness, so stop being so damn full of yourself.”

“I can’t,” she whined, “the mirror likes looking at me.”

Ariel laughed along with Adrianne who was adding the finishing touches to her lips. Aphrodite turned to Adrianne and grinned, “I don’t know why you’re laughing so much; Hermes won’t take his hands off you for the entire night.”

Athena laughed, cleaning up the materials they used to create the dresses. “Ah, it’s alright! She finally gave him the time of day!”

“What?!” Aphrodite gasped, “How come I didn’t know of this?! I’m the damn goddess of love! I should know this!”

“It’s not love,” Adrianne mumbled shyly, “we’re just friends.”

“That used to be Zeus’ excuse,” Athena scoffed, making them go into a fit of laughter, until tears were sliding down their cheeks.

A soft knock on the door startled them out of their laughter and they quickly sobered up. “God,” Eros groaned from the other side of the door, “entering a room filled with women is like eating figgy pudding.”

Ariel giggled, rolling her eyes as she grabbed her clutch and said, “What’s up, hot-pink-stuff?”

He rolled his eyes in reply, clicking his tongue in distaste and said, “The party already started about an hour ago. Hermes is sitting by himself waiting for Ms. Hard to Get. Hephaestus is playing with some metals and Hades looks like he’s going to start killing people; you ladies need to grace those desperate men with your presence.”

Before they walked out the door, Ariel turned around and ran to her bright neon green gloves. Aphrodite stared at them in pure horror and looked like she was about ready to bust a fuse.

“What. Is. That?!” She pointed at them with shaking fingers.

Ariel rolled her eyes, sliding the gloves on, much to the goddess dismay and said, “Your husband made these for me. They turn invisible when I put them on,” she wiggled her no-longer-green-covered-gloved hand and said, “see? It’s neon green so I don’t lose them.”