Part 2

Christen POV:
For some reason, my head hurt like a bitch. The next thing I knew, Tobin was shaking my arm to wake me up. I slowly opened my eyes to be met with a sharp pain in my head.

"Tobin?" I asked. I was so confused.

"Chris are you okay?" She replied quickly.

"Yeah what happened?" I questioned. It was then that I noticed we were hanging upside down in the car. Tobin's side of the car was in the ditch.

"We were in a car accident. The truck hit your side of the and ran us off the road and we flipped into the ditch. I think we've only been out for a minute or two" she explained. Tobin looked fine to me, she didn't appear to be hurt except for a few bumps and bruises. It was then that I remembered where we were going. Mal and Dansby were in the back.

"Mal" I called out. I couldn't turn to see them because we were flipped upside down but I was met with no response. They must have still been unconscious.

"Chris we gotta get ourselves unbuckled and check on them" Tobin said. I nodded my head in agreement. We both worked to carefully unbuckle ourselves and reposition ourselves so we were right side up, all done in about 30 seconds. When I finally looked up to check on them I was horrified. The back of my car was definitely more effected than the front. Dansby had been directly hit. He was covered in blood. Absolutely covered. I looked over at Mal. She had a decent amount too but most of it appeared to be from Dan. I started to panic. I wanted to throw up but I had to keep calm.  I knew that Tobin was still taking in the sight in front of us. I took out my phone and called 911. What felt like an eternity was probably only one minute. I told Tobin that the dispatcher said that help was 10-15 minutes away.

While I was on the phone, I noticed Tobin trying to open my door but it was jammed shut do to the force of the impact by the truck. Her door was no luck because it was face down in the ditch.

"Tobin" I swallowed. "They asked us if they have a pulse". The look on her face is one I'll never forget. She reached back and slowly moved Mal's head. She was still unconscious. She was pretty banged up.

"She has a pulse" she said. I finally released my breath. Now it was my turn to check Dansby's since he was sitting behind me. I reached back carefully and pushed his head up. I stuck my two fingers onto his neck. I couldn't find anything. I moved it around praying that I was wrong. I was met with nothing. I let out a chocked sob. Tobin knew at this point what this meant. She reached her arm around me and pulled me close. At that moment, I thought I was going to pass out, but I needed to stay strong for Mal.