13

TW this chapter involves mention of child ab*se, physical ab*se, s*lf h*rm, and dr*gs.

"What do you mean your parents did?" Mattia asks me.

I look at the ground, "When I still lived with them, they were users. All the drugs and alcohol they could get they used it. It was...really bad."

Mattia sits down next to me and pulls me
into a hug, "I'm so sorry that ever happened to you."

"It's all right. I didn't get it that bad. Wells got
it way worse than I did. He tried to, um, he tried to distract my parents away from me and onto him. They broke his arm and some ribs once." I blink to prevent the tears from falling.

I stay silent for a minute so I can control my emotions.

"My mom used to drink when she was pregnant with me and Wells. We were addicted as babies, fetal alcohol syndrome? I don't know what it's called. Eventually my mom got pregnant again and my dad would hit her so much that she... she lost the baby, and she lost herself," I let out a sob and Mattia holds me, "He almost killed all of us."

Mattia holds me and let's me cry for a long time. "It's ok. You're safe now. You're ok."

Eventually I calm down enough to tell the rest,
"I got really depressed. I was cutting and I stopped eating. My dad ended up getting busted while trying to score some drugs and that's when they did a home search and found our living conditions.

We did the whole CPS bullshit and ended with our aunt and uncle. Mom should be in rehab or she's in jail too. I don't know or care really. But at least I'm not with them. And neither is Wells. And I'm clean. It's been a year."

Mattia kisses my forehead, "Thank you for telling me and I'm glad you're clean. I want you to know that they can never hurt you again."

TW OVER

"Well I know that. Can we just go home, or something?" I ask.

"Of course." Mattia grabs my hand and we walk out of the house and back to his car.

Mattia starts to drive towards my house.

When we get there we sit in the driveway for some time. I push the buttons that make your seat move. I end up laying all the way back down. "Open the sun roof."

Mattia clicks a button and the sun roof starts to roll back.

Not to be confusing his sunroof goes over the backseat too.

He lays down with me and we stare at the stars together.

"Stay."

"What?" He asks.

"Stay the night with me. I don't want to be alone."

"All right."

Mattia rolls his seat back up as do I and we walk inside.

I put a finger over his lips to make sure that he's quiet. "They're asleep." I whisper, pointing to my aunt and uncles bedroom.

Mattia nods his understanding and we slowly make our way upstairs and to my room.

I change into a sweatshirt and some shorts and then I climb into bed where Mattia is already fast asleep.

He rolls over and grabs me. I smile and drift off.

—————————
The next morning

I wake up to me being cuddled into Mattia.

Not a bad thing to wake up to.

I climb out of the bed and open my door. I walk to the staircase and listen down to see if anyone is awake.

I don't hear anything so I walk downstairs and look in their bedroom and see no one.

I listen for any sounds outside the room and hear nothing so I walk into the kitchen where I find a note.

Both of my caretakers are at work.

Oh thank you baby Jesus.

I run back upstairs and open Wells doors a little. He still sleeping so I close the door and walk back to my room.

Mattia is slightly snoring so I jump on to the bed to wake him up.

"Don't come near me! I'm a black belt!" He announces as he sits up from the bed with his hand in karate chop position.

"Morning." I say while smiling at him.

"Oh, good morning."

"I'm hungry and I was thinking donuts." I tell
him.

Mattia nods, "Yeah. Yeah. That sounds good."

He starts to get out of my bed and walk to the door, "You should probably put on some pants before you leave. Don't want anyone to see you in boxers, do you?"

He looks down and turns around, "Right."

I giggle and smile at him.

A/n
Sup.

Didn't expect that fast of an update did ya now.

Hehe.

Also sorry for making the beginning sad as fuck.

I didn't mean to do that :)

I mean yes I did.

Ok bye friends :)

No i'm not writing this at 2:30 in the morning. Psh

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow

-Eve