“Somewhere between nineteen and now, 'cause I didn't have it either. At least, not quite as filled out as it is now.”

Chris' answer shocked me almost into sobriety. I grabbed the bottle that was sitting next to the board game, and took several swigs to try and finish drowning my social filter for the remainder of the night. I had to, just to handle the present situation!

I began concentrating on the game to keep my focus off of the two pairs of eyes practically burning into my body. When I almost immediately began winning, I realized that I was the only one paying attention, at all.

Colin ran a finger from my ankle to the bottom of my shorts, his fingertips tracing circles until he was touching my inner thighs. I had to take another drink just to clear my head. Then Chris leaned over and ran a hand down my arm. I stood up and left the room for a moment of much needed clarity.

I tried to call Jared one last time, praying for him to answer. I then finished the bottle I’d been carrying around, trying to drown the irritating little voice in my head screaming that I was in danger of doing something very stupid.

I felt abandoned and angry with Jared, and I had a feeling that this was going to be one of those nights that changed everything. I looked over at the magazines on the floor and angrily thought about Jared's accusations, deciding finally that if I was going to be accused of it, I may as well be guilty of it.

As soon as I sat down on the couch, Colin stood up and went to the bathroom wearing a mischievous smirk, leaving Chris alone with me, and before I knew what was happening, I was passionately kissing him. After a few moments, he pulled back, trying to speak, even as I tried to get closer to him, winding my arms around his neck. He managed to untwist my arms and pull back enough to talk.

“Tabs, I've got this crazy idea, so just hear me out. You know how there are a bunch of dudes and old chicks living with my parents?”

“Yeah, don’t your parents run some type of commune or something?” I asked, wondering what this had to do with his lips on mine.

“Well, they're actually all living in a communal marriage situation. My parents are like these old swinger hippies, and it's worked for them for the last thirty years or so.”

“And what does that have to do with this?” I asked, nipping at his ear with my teeth. He laughed and backed away a bit, continuing his explanation.

“Colin and I have been talking, a lot lately. We've both decided that neither of us wants to let you go, and neither of us is going to back down. We also know that we can't honestly expect you to make a decision between the two of us. We're both all in for you, so we've decided, if it fits into your plans, to both try to make you happy.”

I sat there wide eyed, completely floored by what he just said. It took me a moment to catch my breath, but when I did, I asked, “Does Colin know you're this drunk? Does he actually know about. . . All this?”

“Yes.” Colin whispered, his lips nearly pressed against my ear. I hadn’t noticed him kneel behind me on the couch. I felt his teeth graze my shoulder, and Chris kissed me at the same time, his tongue running across my bottom lip. I held up my hands, signaling for both of them to stop, and went to find another bottle so I could drown my morals for the night. I think I may have ended up killing those morals permanently.

When I came back, empty bottle in hand, neither of them had moved, and both were staring dead at me. I grabbed Colin's hand, and gestured for Chris to follow as I led them both into my bedroom. As soon as the door closed, I was in Colin's arms, my mouth smothering his. I felt Chris' hands on my hips, and I knew there would be no going back from this, but I just couldn’t bring myself to stop.

I woke up late the following afternoon, my entire form wedged between the two of them. When I finally managed to pry myself out of the bed, I threw on my robe as I went to the bathroom. As soon as I came back out, Micah and Bryan were coming out of their room.

Micah took one look at me, and the guilty look on my face made it obvious that something was going on. He tore off into the living room, looking for Colin or Chris, and screamed when he didn't find them where they were supposed to be. He came stomping back up to me, his eyes wide with shock and accusation.

“Tabitha Shay Grenoux, what have you done?!” Micah asked, Bryan's eyes going wide as he caught on to what was happening.

“Nothing?” I said, and it sounded more like a question than an answer. Micah gave me a very suspicious look, and I could only hang my head. He gasped as he peeked into my room, then looked back at me, closing my door behind him.

“One hell of a game of Monopoly, wasn't it?” Micah asked, his eyes nearly bugging out of his head.

“Shut up, Micah.” I said, deciding to go back to bed rather than deal with their interrogation. Micah reminded me of my mother at that moment.

As soon as I closed my door behind me, I noticed that both Colin and Chris were on their feet and across the room from each other, when Chris looked at me and said, “This is fun and all, but when you're not between us, this ain't cool.”

“Amen to that!”Colin replied.

When the storm had passed and the three of us had come to terms with what we now were to each other, Colin and Chris headed back to Texas to “settle up”, as they'd put it, though I couldn't imagine why. Colin kept asking me ridiculous questions about what part of the country I wanted to live in before he left, and I began to suspect that something major was going on.